How can you be persistent withouth being intense and desperate?

I think that we as a guys have to be persistent, but can a guy be persistent without looking intense or desperate? I know sometimes we guys tend to look intense or desperate even if we don't mean to, but we just seem to look that way because we like the girl too much or we don't have that much experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• You push the envelope for a moment than let it sit. Don't push too far by being an insistent nag -- no one likes that. Don't just sit and wait and watch till you get the answer you're hoping for because that rarely happens. Instead, try moving forward a little, waiting a day or two, and then proceeding with another small step. "Baby Steps" till you know what the girl wants. Of course, some guys prolong this a little too much and hit the other extreme, where the girl thinks he's not interested in her... It's a fine line to tread.

What Girls Said 2

• What do you mean by persistent? Like asking me out and me saying no and you asking again and again?

If so, PLESE DON'T! When guys do that I just see them as disrespectful!

• I can't respect someone that can't respect my wishes. Be polite and move on, please. Don't make us file a restraint order or ask you to stop stalking us. If that happen, your chances has drop to - 20 points. In this lifetime, it is very hard to ever be on a positive side with us if you can't respect our wishes. Experience or no experience.

What Guys Said 5

• oh you foolish soul...

persistence, per se, is so not the key to getting women.

remember: people only want what they can't have.

If you chase women, the only thing they can do is run away.

so what you should do is, show interest up front, but then just sit back and let them come to you.

you ATTRACT women, you do not CHASE them.

• What makes you think you should be persistent?

• because if you don't you are no going to get anywhere with them, its not like you have to just say I like you and everything will fall in place, at least that has never been my experience. This is specially true for women that get hit on often

• the last part never made any sense to me

• @QA: But it is true.

• Funny isn't it. I know the feeling... When you actually like and want a girl you come off as too much. When you don't give a sh*t they come off as wanting you too much... Makes you wonder how you're ever suppose to find a happy medium.

• that's the hard tough part which is being proactive in the pursuit and approaching and at the same time not being desperate or trying too hard

• Who says you have to be persistant? Take No for an answer, and move to another girl.