Where can I get an old, large/medium tire for working out?

I am looking into buying a used, old tire for flipping and sledge hammering. Does anyone know where I can go?

I am not looking for anything massive. A medium size is good enough for me because I am only looking to tone and not bulk. I thought this would be a good way to change up my workout from the boring gym sessions.

Has anyone done this? If so, do you recommend it?

Either way, any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can get one for free at a tire center. They are expensive to recycle and they prefer that people find a reusable secondary use for them.

• Really?! I had no idea! I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• Nearest junk yard. They have a ton of them.

• Like, a legitimate tire? I would recommend resistance bands instead of tires for 100 different reasons, they sell them at Target / Walmart to, and you can adjust the resistance.

• I think the sledge hammering would be dangerous from the recoil.

What Girls Said 1

• To get a tire, go to a junk yard, or even a place that sells and installs tires. They probably have one you can either have or buy for a reasonable price :)