Is this a bit odd...?

I'm wondering if this is me just being insecure or if this is a bit odd. When questioned on height girls prefer tall men while men more often than not prefer short women.

I'm average height but I prefer taller women as I don't associate short height in women as feminine. The reason I think I like taller women (5'7-5'9) is because it seems more intimate being able to look them almost directly in the eye and I feel like that way we are more equivalent somehow. I know that everyone has their own preferences but I'm merely curious.

Cheers!

Most Helpful Girl

• that's not odd, if anything it shows confidence ad maturity, when it boils down to it, the reason most men say they like shorter girls is because the idea of being equal or the shorter one makes them feel less secure and "manly" the same way lots of women want taller men because the idea of being the bigger one makes them feel less secure and less girly...which is kinda stupid when you think about it.

What Girls Said 2

• I actually feel the same way (except reversed for men, obviously). My height preference isn't important but I do find it nice when a guy is closer to my level instead of towering over me. I don't think it's weird.

• Is what odd? Preferring taller women?

No, it's as normal as men preferring shorter women. I've known quite a few shorter men that prefer taller women.

What Guys Said 1

• You like what you like, why wonder if there's anything odd about it? Now had you asked a question like: "is it odd to get turned on by ten year old girls?", now THAT would be odd.