Is it "different/odd" if a girl wears black or dark colors all the time

we would call that goth, yes, I know labels are for soup cans, but labels exist, its a fact of life, deal with it the best you can

ive seen most girls wear light colors like pink and light red etc... because they tend to be "attractive" to some guys...

not me though, I like the darker colors, no idea why, I think its cause of my metal head stereotype

yes, I know girls have that "little black dress" for those certain occasions, but I dk just something about dark colors gets me going

guys- what do you think?

girls- do you think any less of the girl if she's like this, like any less of a woman because she doesn't dress in lighter colors/not gothic?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are colors really that big a deal? I tend to go through phases. Over the summer, I wore tons of red. Before that, I wore a lot of blue and green. Since summer ended, I've been into gray. Brown and white are my favorite colors to wear, but I don't wear them all the time.

I guess my point is that I could care less what colors someone wears. I'll notice if they're always in black or pink, etc. but I don't judge them for it. So no, I don't think any less of girls who prefer dark colors--I wouldn't automatically label them as gothic either.

• Good, that's my point, you should judge people based on what they wear, ya know?

What Girls Said 6

• i guess you couldn't label me then lol because I'm goth, emo, classy, w/e, sporty when I feel like it. I usually wear black if it's informal or when I just don't really care. I do like black and certain other colours like *surprise* coral pink!

i think guys who wear neutral colours, I think that's hot, btu that's just my thing.

• I don't. Personally, I prefer darker clothes because I have two black cats at home. It's not just that but I just like the darker colors. I will bust out a bright yellow sweatshirt sometimes or brighten my darker colors up with an article of clothing that isn't so dark but no I wouldn't judge the girl.

• Been a while since we talked

umm yeah, I guess it'd make sense to throw something light in on occasion just to lighten it up a bit

well like I said, most girls do wear lighter colors, that's why I asked if you thought theyd be less of a girl if they didnt, so I see you wouldnt, that's def. a good thing

• Not at all. I actually prefer darker colors on myself as well. Many of my clothes are dark. I just think it looks better, personally.

• So you don't get weird looks or what not from girls who dont, and are guys attracted to u, at least the ones like me?

• I've been told that I get looks (good ones) from guys, but I don't really pay attention to the people around me, so I've yet to notice this. And no, I don't get looks from girls. I'm usually the one giving them looks, heh. :P I don't get along with girls so I try to keep them as far away from me as possible.

• Yeh someone that always wore dark colours would come across as boring to me but that's only because I'm alwaysss in bright bold colours. Just wearing all dark colours would be sooo depressing and boring.

• I don't think it would make a girl any less of a women. It is just their taste in clothing. I wear a variety of colors. sometimes I will wear a lot of black than yellow or something.

• I don't think any less of her, I just think she is gothic or alternative or whatever you wanna call it. That style is usually less attractive to guys and I wouldn't wear that. I think dark colors can be sexy and sophisticated if worn right. I don't think colors matter so much as general style does. I wear more bright neon colors, I wonder what other people think of me lol

• Well the point I'm trying to make is you shouldnt care what other people think, if you like it, then wear it, that's the whole point of being you, ya know?

and yes, guys are attracted to the style, like I said, me

What Guys Said 1

• I don't mind if a girl wears darker clothes and think nothing less of her if she does. As long as she doesn't put on that God-awful black or burnt plum lipstick, fingernail polish and eyeliner, she's fine in my book.