Why would you stare back at a girl if you weren't interested?

You have a caught a girl in your college staring at you multiple times...somehow you always catch her but when you do you either hold eye contact until she looks away BUT never talk to her. You tried talking to her once before the starefest started but she was cold because she was caught off guard. Since then you have caught her staring at you and once even try to talk to you. However, you still don't talk to her but stare her down a few times after that. She ignores you now, and now the staring from you stops, but she still sees you from the corner of her eye while you both pass down a hallway and he looks up at her while passing by just a quick glance and nothing more.

Keep in mind this guy is popular, pretty cute, and a flirt with all the ladies (especially in front of this particular girl).

Would a guy just be such an ass to mind-f*** a girl like this?

Thoughts? And how can I move on...every time we've made eye contact I felt a connection that I've NEVER had with any other guy!...and now I hear he just got a girl friend (but that's after the year of starefesting each other).

Most Helpful Guy

• "Would a guy just be such an ass to mind-f*** a girl like this?"

My guess would be some actions were purposely done but I don't think the intention was to "mind f**k" you. At least I don't think so. I think I can explain parts of it though.

When you coldly ignored the guy when he tried talking to you, he was most likely a bit hurt by it.

When you tried showing interest in him back by staring at him or like trying to talk to him I'm guessing he purposely ignored you back? If so, it possibly might be because he wanted you to feel the same way (the hurt). The only reason why I'm assuming that is because it's something I did in a similar situation - for that reason anyway. (Fair is fair imo)

My guess would be he's wondering why you still look at him when you coldly ignored him earlier. He's not going to or will be a bit hesitant to talk to you because, well, you coldly ignored him the first time when he tried talking to you. No one wants to go through that twice especially by the same girl lol. I think he's most likely moved on.

Not sure about how to move on since I was on the other side of a similar situation.

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with Modernhippy, you read too much into his look. While it's a general theory that if a person stares at you a lot it means that they either love you or want to murder you, but I have yet to find empiric research on the subject, so I dismiss that assumption. Really that staring is a bit unusual, but nothing more than that. So the guy isn't an ass, in my opinion.

Apparently it works. A lot of players and PUA guides use this tactic very well, whereas being straight-forward tends not to.

• U are thinking waaaaaayyyyyy too far into this

• I look at a girl who has a boyfriend all the time, because we're friends..why is it so bad to look at a girl, if I'm not interested?

What Girls Said 0