Does it make a guy seem like he is trying too hard if all of his clothes match/go together, including shoes?

For example today I wore a hat with red and blue colors on it, red golf shirt, blue jeans, and red shoes.

I like to wear clothes that go together well but sometimes I think girls might think I care too how much how I look if everything matches.

I have 10 pairs of shoes and lots and lots of clothes, is that weird for a guy? Part of the reason is I feel more confident when my clothes still have that new bright crisp look to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Red and blue don't go together. Golf clothing is always awful. Red shoes (on a guy) are usually awful.

So yeah, regardless of whether or not it looks like you've tried to coordinate, you're still going to look like a complete knob wearing that stuff.

Personally, I mostly buy clothes in the same few colors (that I like and know look good on me), but in a variety of different shades, and because of that, they're more or less interchangeable (might not match perfectly, but won't clash horribly either).

• Red and blue go together. Those colors are used together all the time.

• No, they don't go together - they clash, which is precisely why they're often used together on things like flags, superhero costumes and the uniforms of sports teams - but not on normal clothing etc.

Red and blue are "discordant" colors (discordant literally means disagreeing / incongruous / quarreling), as they lie almost, but not quite opposite one another on the color wheel (as opposed to "complementary" colors etc).

• It's common to see people wearing red and blue at the same time. That is what I mean by they go together.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes! And a girl doesn't like guys who spend more time than them in the bathroom or checking themselves in the mirror :)

• I'm not that bad lol. I just like having clothes that go together. I can be up and out the door 20 minutes if I want. I keep my hair short so there is no combing necessary. I just shower and throw on clothes that go together and shoes that match and I'm out the door.

• yea. kind of metrosexual-ish. not really manly to be honest. I think you should just chill and just be simple with how you dress. clean cut.

• I was wondering if a girl would ever answer. lol I appreciate guy answers but I care more what girls think for obvious reasons.

Thanks

• np just be simple nice shirt and jeans sometimes less is more trust me!

• If I stop what will I do with all my different colored shoes! LOL I suppose I could donate some of them.

What Guys Said 4

• Too matchy. We've all done it (okay all of us here in the style section have probably done it).

Less matching, more complementary colors.

• I always like to Match. Yes, I may not dress in expensive clothing or anything, but all my gear is always matching.

• Ideally your outfit should go well together without looking like you put too much effort into it.

• I have a friend like that. If he puts on blue, everything else he wears is blue...a lot of our mutual friends think he might be gay or bi so...yeah you might be trying a little to hard

• My friends know I'm not gay or bi so I'm not worried about that. I only care what the girls I just meet or have only known a short time might think.