Girls, what can a guy do to look good?

Apart from moisturizer after shaving my face, I don't do anything. What can I do to look more attractive? I mean little things. Like most guys I wouldn't want to wear make-up, and that would probably turn off a lot of girls anyway.

What smells good on a guy? Is there a particular fragrance for men that many girls find attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personal Hygiene (aside from showering, shaving, hair etc):

- Teeth: keep 'em brushed AND flossed (& mouth-washed/tongue-scraped if you want to be super-thorough)

- Nails: keep 'em at an appropriate length (no biting), buffing also can look good

- Eyebrows: take care of the strays

- Hands: Moisturize. Flaky skin is not attractive.

- Armpits: deodorize & either shave or keep the armpit hair trimmed (esp. if you wear sleeveless shirts)

- Fragrance: NOT AXE. I repeat, NOT AXE. Nothing is literally better than AXE.

Clothes:

- Colors: Matching (some guys may need a female consult on this)

- Style: Develop your own, it helps you stand out

- Cleanliness: No stains, dirt, smells or faded articles

- Wrinkles: get rid of them- ironing only takes a few seconds for a t-shirt once you get the hang of it. This will really help you stand out because most guys wear wrinkled clothes. Women notice details.

- Shoes: Keep 'em clean & consider refreshing the laces once in a while. You know how women love shoes? What makes you think she won't notice yours?

What Girls Said 11

• Look into some womans magazines to see what women like, or mens magazines like Esquire, etc. Look at male movie stars and models. See if you find any connections about hairstyles, grooming posture, etc. Its also about the attitude, this "couldn't care less attitude/independant" think James Dean

• fragrance stinks! run or take yoga. Floss twice a day and brush your teeth, and shower with a lite manly soap. Eat natural foods and drink plenty of water! That's what I do and look fabulous!

• Find a good smelling cologne, make sure you're well groomed (clean, hair, nails, ears, etc), and that your clothes are clean and are mostly wrinkle-free, have fresh breath and that your teeth aren't yellow, make sure you take care of that acne, and keep your junk super clean and neat! Good luck!

• If you want to look more attractive let wear your personality

• Anyone can dress nicely. Aqua di gio is a good fragrance.

• Style your hair nicely, get the latest clothes and try doing running or something to get a but musclelier :) also get a tan :)

• clean up your eyebrows!

• Gym, Tan, Laundry:-)

• Shower daily, brush your teeth. I like guys to have soft hands so use lotion on your hands and don't wear make up please. It is a turn off. Just look clean, like you actually put some effort in the morning to look nice. Don't look like you rolled off bed and put on whatever you saw and left the house.

• what smells good on someone might not smell good on another peron, you have to test them on your hand, make sure it smells good on you and that you feel comfortable wearing it.

• I don't really smell of anything in my natural state.

• @ Question Asker: Oh trust me. You do. All guys have a very distinct scent. You just can't detect it because you don't have the receptors for it. Sometimes women don't even know they're detecting it either. It does definitely exist though.

• Never wear make-up, you have to look manly not like our sisters. Smell good, honestly if a guy smells good I consider him attractive, and style your hair in a way that suits you and your features, also clothes, it doesn't have to be the latest trends and stuff like that but wear things that suits you and makes you look hot.

What Guys Said 7

• It's really not rocket science. I think most guys are just lazy when it comes to how they look and women have gotten used to and now accept that fact which only allows more and more guys to get away with the t-shirt and gym shorts outfit with bed hair and a baseball cap.

1. Get a good hair cut and use gel if needed. Figure out a style that works best for your. I have thick frizzy hair so anything long doesn't work. I just buzz my hair.

2. Obviously brush your teeth, but also consider whitening strips. I not sure how well those work, but it might be worth a shot.

3. Trim/shave your facial hair. Patchy unkempt facial hair is not attractive. Especially on the neck. Get a bear trimmer if you want facial hair and keep it even length. Also use a razor to style the edges.

4. Use a good cleanser and wash your face at least twice a day.

5. Use some sort of cologne or body spray. Definitely important. Smell has a huge subconscious effect on people, not to mention I've been complimented on my smell when hugging girls so I know they notice.

6. Invest in nice clothes. Make sure they fit. Figure out your body type. Smaller skinner guys look better with tighter clothes. Don't be afraid to try things that aren't a simple t-shirt. Guys might give you sh*t about looking nice, but the girls will like it. My guy friends tease me a lot about looking good all the time, but the girls always compliment me and tell their BF's to dress like me.

7. Trim your eyebrows. Some guys need this more than others. Just use a bear trimmer or have your barber do it when you get a hair cut.

8. Get some nice shoes. They don't have to be $500 dress shoes, but those $30 DC's aren't going to look good with much, and girls notice shoes like crazy. When I wear nice shoes, I get compliments in minutes from women. Even your every day gym shoes should be somewhat nice. I some leather puma's for casual as well as some nice brown boots that go well with everything and have a very masculine, rolls in the mud, drives a truck kind of feel. I also own some black dress shoes for if I'm wearing a bit nicer of clothes and going to a club or dinner or something.

9. Don't overlook accessories. An nice watch, or bracelet can do wonders. So can earings or a necklace. Again, girls notice this stuff and they make you stand out since most guys don't do it. Don't go looking like Mr. T though.

One rule of thumb is this. Without going over the top, be different (in a good way) when you do things that other guys aren't (like wear a nice watch), you stand out, which is good in the eyes of women.

• I shower regularly, dress impeccably, and always keep a raw peanut in my bum.

• Sadly society has made it much harder for men to improve their looks without being stigmatised for it. No make up or heels for us lol.

Which leaves your best options as working out and dressing well, which won't change much. If you are willing to invest a lot of money and risk your health you could also consider steroids and plastic surgery.

• be perfect looking like gosling

• Wear axe haven't you seen the ads makes woman go crazy

• girls like cologne go with Diesel.

• To summarise what the women said, your basic metrosexual. (whatever makes a guy less manly - hair gel, lack of body hair, etc..)

• No wonder Stuart Bondek (played exquisitely well by Alan Ruck) in the TV sitcom's "Spin City" said to girls, at least in one episode, that he was gay. It worked wonders for him!