Ok Girls! What kind of eyeliner do you use?!

Pencil, liquid, or gel.

I currently use pencil most of the time and every so often liquid.

I'm looking for a different look.

What's best.?

Which do you use and why.?

Most Helpful Girl

• I use pencil because I'm too lazy to get a neat line with liquid or gel. I've tried them both, but I just can't seem to get the hang of them. I use y'ves saint laurent (hope I spelt that right :P) which usually takes a while before it starts smudging. Oh it you have problems with smudging, I advise you to use matt foundation powder on your lids, help a lot. I've got a givenchy one I think.

Anyways, I only use liquid if I know I won't get to a mirror that day, just to stay safe.

As far as new looks go,I can advise you to just mix and match liner types on upper and lower lids, and especially experiment with liner thickness and length on the top lid. And just a tip: for larger looking eyes, try making a simple line on the top lid that's thickest at the centre of your lid and tapers off at the sides.

Anyways, good luck xx

What Guys Said 1

• The kind that turns on other guys :l

What Girls Said 9

• As a makeup artist I have to say liquid is the easiest to work with on others. And on myself I prefer the kohl eyeliner and liquid, most of the time I use both of them to get the intensive black lines I'm into.

• How do you get the liner to look so amazing on your bottom lashes.? I'm trying to get that but it's just not working lol.

Where it's under your bottom lashes as well.?

• If I use an ink liner with the little brush that comes with it then I do the line and then I have to go back and fill in the line and any gaps. Right now I use ELFs eyeliner which is good for the upper lid but when it comes to the lover lid then it tends to disappear before it dries, so then I do the line with a kohl pencil, this will makes the ink liner stick better and intensify the color. If you still think its hard dry a flat eyeliner brush I use that on clients its much easier.

• i use pen eyeliner for my upper lids, the ones from Eyeko are amazing link

for my lower lash line I use pencil and smudge it a little bit.

• Pencil I used to use liquid and loved it, but I never attempted to go back to it, and this totally reminded me. If you want to do a different look I think the wing out liner is cute

link

• I'm partial to pencil. I've heard people rave about gel but I've also heard it doesn't work on bottom as well. I wear liquid when I have the patience to do so.

• Pencil- I find it more natural, easier and quicker to put on.

Gel- when I'm going out and want to make a statement or something

I never wear liquid, it's just never worked for me

• I use liquid. I like how it gives a nice dark, clean line.

I'll also use gel...I rarely ever use pencil though. It just smears right off my lids and I just don't like pencil personally.

• I use urban decay's pencil. it's great

• pencil because it's easiest. prestige total intensity is AMAZING! it is creamy and glides on, almost looks more like a gel or cream liner but it is easier to navigate with. stays on for HOURS does not run or fade or smudge, I have tried very few liners as durable as this one. try it!

• I use a pencil and and the kind that comes in a jar that is soft. I'm pretty good with using the pencil, but liquid is hard to use.