How do I learn more about fashion and designer brands?

There is this super hot girl in my class and we've got a lot in common but the only thing I don't get is her sense of fashion and obsession for designer brands. How do I learn more about these brands? She's so good she can spot a bag or a dress a mile away and tell which brand it is from even though another brand would have the exact design. Is there any website or book that teaches you about fashion? I'd like to learn about men's fashion too.

I'm actually interested in learning about it! And she was from a super rich school where every other person totally knew about brands and wore them too! She can teach me about women's fashion which I'm not really into. All her boyfriends have been people who can totally talk about fashion and stuff. If there's anything to get me over the top, I'm ready to learn.

Most Helpful Guy

• Female fashion and male style are not the same thing.

You could learn everything about brands and know relatively little about style.

Did you know most brands are not making their own products? They are just overall marketing operations who then subcontract others to make the clothes. A 'big' brand will have multiple lines made by different companies, some of which are garbage, some of which are very good. The pricing is generally higher then it would be for the underlying maker's products - except that 'branded' stuff tends to go on deep discount, at which point it might (on some lines) actually be a good buy.

Ultimately, for men and women, being too brand and fashion focused will make people look down on you as a 'fashion victim'. The 'fashion victim' threshold is much lower for men then for women. High end men's clothing is far more focused on detail quality and fit. With unlimited budget, women would wear nothing but the finest designer's. With an unlimited budget, a man should have everything bespoke.

Styleforum is a good website to start learning on.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with Aercz. If you really want to know you could always ask her to teach you. You would get to talk to her more. Don't pretend to be into something you're really not. If she likes you, she won't really care if you know about brands or not. I doubt she expects guys to know about it. Good luck!

• if you already have a lot incommon then that's good, don't try too hard.

• Its not just her in particular, I'd still like to try and understand fashion in general.

I'd like to try and learn even if it wasn't for her. She's more of a side benefit

• Then research online buy books about fashion ect

• Most women don't want to date the gay best friend they talk about fashion with.

• Haha, I guess that it could come off as gay I guess but I don't really see anything wring in trying to learn.

What Guys Said 3

• It's fine if you want to learn about fashion, but I'm afraid you'll always be losing out to gys who live that lifestyle, actually buy designer brands, and don't have to 'study' them since they are partof their upbringing since they were little kids.

Enj why her company, but she's in a different world, and you won't ever be part of that world, sorry!

• You don't have to learn about fashion to be with her. Appreciating her for her good eyes when it comes to fashion is already enough.

• Tumblr.