I've been told by a few people that I look intimidating?

Friends both guys and girls, and some of my ex's have said that before they knew me I looked intimidating. If you found someone intimidating would you be less likely to approach them or talk to them? And if someones intimidating is it because they are good looking or they just look unfriendly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well of course if you feel intimidated by someone or something then logically you are less inclined to want to have anything to do with it, right? So yes, I believe that if people find you intimidating they are less likely to approach you and talk to you. As for the cause, there can be many things that intimidate someone. Being good looking can certainly intimidate someone who doesn't have confidence in their own looks and looking unfriendly will likewise have the same effect. Other things are something like size, since if you are a tall and broad guy, looking strong, it can intimidate others even if you otherwise don't look that big of a danger. Also abnormality can produce such an effect. Even the tone and pitch of your voice can be found intimidating.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course if someone is intimidating they'd be less likely to approach them. Someone can seem intimidating for a variety of reasons. It could be because they're good looking, large, or maybe they look or act unfriendly. I've had several people tell me that I seem intimidating because even though I'm short (under 5 feet), I apparently look angry all the time. I'm not actually angry all the time, but my neutral face looks like I am and I'm pretty quiet too.

What Guys Said 1

• I would really be less likely to approach someone who seems to be so intimidating, let alone talk to them. People who are intimidating are the ones who's always quiet, and their facial expression doesn't even flash a smile once.