It's not about what's on the inside...is it?

I honestly don't understand...

I go to school and hear about all these guys going out with girls. But none of them mention her "amazing personality". They just talk about how hot she is or some other stupid reasons. Everyone is constantly breaking up for someone else.

Why not go out with an ugly girl? If you did she would treasure you forever. I've met so many people who are awesome and don't look the best.

YES, I am saying this particularly because I am one of the girls who doesn't get a second look. But whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, first of all you're under 18, which I can safely conclude you're still in high school. School has always been notorious for blunt and tactless honesty. It's a cruel place where peer pressure and closed friendship circles thrive. Not to mention, everyone there is inexperienced when it comes to matters regarding the opposite gender.

Let me tell you a little about guys. Some guys tend to be more physically oriented, especially at that young a age. Most are not looking to start a long term relationship, they're looking to get to the top of the heap and to do that they have to make sure they have the hottest girl in the group. They're also not looking for the girl who doesn't "put out" because the more they score with the girls, the more they score buddy points with their friends. I'm not saying it's right, but face it, it happens.

Perhaps the guys you seem to be interested in fall into that category. You speak of wondering why don't they go out with a girl who they aren't attracted to. Maybe perhaps you should try and set your sights lower on the physical looks of the guy you want and focus more on the guy that treats you well. I'm not implying that you go out with someone you find unappealing, but definitely try to distance yourself from the more popular guys.

Most girls and guys who are deemed as very attractive, often come with inflated egos and self serving personas. The girls and guys who are a little lower on the ranks are more likely the ones who will be more grounded in terms of their values regarding the opposite gender and will look beyond the physical appearance and place more emphasis on character.

What Guys Said 2

• the relationships that really matter are about what's on the inside

• You're under eighteen, so those guys won't care. It is about what is on the inside. I don't want to be with someone if it is only about the looks. I would want to be with a person who is not judgmental and cares about other people. There are good people out there, although there aren't as many as there used to be. You just haven't found them yet.

The relationships that last the longest are the ones that go beyond physical beauty. The long-term relationships are deeper, meaning that they are full of internal beauty and caring, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• Remember this: Most guys marry the shy quiet, smart girl, not the wild party-like one. You're still on your teens, so hormones play a big role. Right now, they just want a trophy, not a partner.

• I also had the same question like yours when I was a teenager. But now, at 20s, when I looking back, many of such guys date girls with average or even, below average look. I think teen guys are quite boastful so they might say they only dates prettty girl but when it comes to actual committment later, personality is still play a big role (appearance is still another big role though ^^)

You're still in puberty so don't worry about your look, everyone will become prettier when grown up anw