What are some fool proof signs a guy is looking at you because he's interested?

We just got a new guy in at work. One of my coworkers is madly in love with him so automatically I thought, "hands off," you know? But the only 2 times I've worked with him he is always looking at me! Sometimes he'll smile. Sometimes he'll look away like he doesn't want me to see him looking. Sometimes he laughs. I'm like, OK. Either I have something all over my face or he's checking me out. I really can't tell. But I don't have the nerve to say anything since my other coworker is so hung up on this guy. Any ways I can figure it our on my own?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's looking at you like you say, then he's clearly attracted to you.

Now, make sure you realize that this is purely physical/sexual attraction at this point, because he doesn't know you yet. Even if he does get to know you, he may or may not click with your personality, just like you don't click with every guy you meet. The physical attraction will still be there, though.

Anyway, the reason he is looking at you is because he's looking for signs from you that you might be interested in him. He wants a positive green-light from you that he should approach you and ask you out/hit on you. So far, it sounds like you haven't given him anything, so he's still in a holding pattern waiting. He won't wait forever.

I should also mention that you should REALLY reconsider dating a co-worker at all. Assume you date for a month, and find out he's a jerk, or he cheats on you, or tells the whole office you were a bitch, or whatever. Now you have to work with this guy every day, and he's dividing the office into "his camp" and "your camp." That gets incredibly awkward and can make your life miserable. In fact, that's how the majority of co-worker relationships end up, and people can get fired as a result.

Then there is your co-worker to deal with. If she's told you that she really likes the guy, etiquette says that you should not pursue him unless you talk to her first and she says she's okay with it. Do anything else, and again, your workplace is going to be a miserable place.

What Guys Said 14

• Want a foolproof sign?

He'll be looking at you.

Guys rarely partake in the mindgame f***abouts favoured by women.

• He's ALWAYS looking at me. If we are in the same area, he's looking at me. It happened again today.

• I'm sure he checks out all the other girls at work...so whether he is 'interested' in you more than any other girl there, is open to question

But if he hasn't paid any special attention to this coworker, she has not claim to him, and you are free to strike up a conversation. WHY DIE CURIOUS?

• hes into you! watch out too because he's probaly thinking of you this second... if you catch a guy looking at you more than 10 times... he's obsessed like a puppy dog... the main question here is, do you like him? and is he funny as hell? if yes.. than I would go up to him and ask him on a date! guys CREAM when a girl asks us out... we CANNOT say no hahaha

• Flirting and friendliness, especially in a work environment (due to not wanting to be too obvious), can be difficult to decipher.

However, one thing that can't be mistaken if he "unnecessarily touches you". That's what I do when I want to signal beyond any type of mistake, that I am "interested" in her.

However, this guy probably won't physically touch you at work due to the HR nightmare that can ensue. If he asks for your number to contact you outside of work, then you know for sure at that point he is interested. :)

• LOL so the catclaws comes out at work over a boooooooooy hmmmmmm? where the professionalism at? lol :P

If you have a pretty face/eyes/killer smile or wear sexy clothes or sexy body...or 2 outta 3...or all the above...guys will check you out regardless. If he's friendly and overall a nice guy...sometimes you can't tell at all. If he's good with women...then good luck figuring it out at all!

Best way to find out...stir the pot a little bit! ;) Go up to him and get him thinking! Tell him a special someone is crushing on him. Don't tell him who if you don't want to (hinting that it's you) or tell him who it is and make sure you watch his reaction to see if he's interested or not. Have fun with it! ;D

• No claws. Lol. The girl that likes him is precious, I'm not fighting for this guy. I just want to figure out why he keeps looking at me dang it. Haha!

• Everyone checks everyone out. It's human nature. Guys are visual by nature. It don't matter what the relationship status is for the girl. If you pretty in his eyes, he'll check you out once or a lot of times. It doesn't have to mean anything and you're gonna keep on assuming until you ask him, make a move or he makes a move!

• When he appears to go out of his way to talk to you or give you compliments.

That's just how I operate. Maybe he's just like me. Maybe he goes right ahead and pulls his pants down. Anyways. you don't really know for sure until he's coming.

• That's where it gets tricky. He never says anything to me. Ever. Just smiles, laughs or looks away as if not to be caught.

• Then you need to be the aggressor.

• "Sometimes he'll look away like he doesn't want me to see him looking" > girls also do that a lot too, that is from the point when they are interested and further more to check you out...Guys do the same and to conclude > he is interested in you.. Just don't change cause of that ..just be normal you and see.. ( don't come out the next day wearing mini skirts and high heels, that's dumb if any girl would do that, things should come within not externally. )

• If he doesn't look at you with disgust and or can't look at you then he is interested.

• He's looking at you. He's interested. Men do not play games.

• he is new there and the work place is not the easiest place to get to know if you have a boy friend , he will take things slowly ,

• Sounds like his into you :)

• he'll have a boner.

• drooling.

• I'd say he likes you. Best way to tell if he looks at you like boobs, curves then face. Then when you walk away see if he's looking at your butt.

What Girls Said 0