Why would a guy with a girlfriend look after another girl?

He has a girlfriend, but still looks after me. He checks on me everyday via email, he is always on top of my stuff, and he always sends me a good morning message. We don´t go out together, but we just keep emailing eack other everyday, sometimes 9 emails per day. He confuses me, but at this point he is my best friend, and the person who supports me the most in my life. I have feelings for him, but he is with her, so I don´t know if I should make a move or just leave it like that. Please advice,

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps the reason why he checks up on you is because you have been good friends for so long. Maybe he just wants to remain in touch and make sure everything is okay with you. It's evident that his girlfriend has a lot of trust in him and his platonic friendship with you

The best thing you should do is remain his friend. If you are truly best friends, then why would you want to jeopardize his relationship with his girlfriend. Who's to say what the future holds. If things don't work out and it's confirmed that he's no longer in a relationship, be there for him as he heals from it and perhaps if you want to make a move after that point, then by all means make a move, but only after the fact. To make one now may cause him to be confused and his behavior may end up sabotaging his relationship and he may even come to resent you for it.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't make a move. It's clear that he's committed in a relationship.

It's just that he values so much the friendship you share that's why keeps on e-mailing you.

• Your are the back up plan. If he breaks up with her then he will come to you and you will most likely fall for it too.

• so what is your recommendation? shall I wait for him to break up with her? We have been friends for two years, and he started dating her after I told him that we were just friends a year ago :S

• Why the f*** would you wait for anyone. If he breaks up with her then he will break up with you too. There is no point at chasing something that won't be yours. Move on and find someone that will want you to be theirs.

What Girls Said 1

• Either he's wanting to keep the door open with you in case he and his girlfriend break up or he's wanting to have both of you, have his cake and eat it too, haha!