I think one of the employees at the tanning bed was spying on me should I go back and speak to the manager

A few weeks ago I went to a tanning bed about 6 o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday and when I walked in I only saw one male employee at the front desk There were no other customers and I did not see any other employees. I did not think much of it I went back into the tanning room I got undressed put on my ear phones and my plastic eye protectors and was in there for about 12 minutes. When my time was up I took my plastic eye protectors off and I noticed my door to the room was cracked open about 6 inches or so and I saw a pair of black tennis shoes move From the door. I got up from the tanning bed and close the door back and that's when I realized the latch on the door was not latching very easily, you had to push the door pretty hard to get it to actually close. Well I did not realize this the first time I close the door and I suppose it did not close all the way. I was very uneasy about the situation and then I got to thinking I could have been laying there naked in my tanning bed the whole time while the door was open. I got dressed and went back out into the front lobby and I just happen to notice the guy at the front desk was wearing those same black tennis shoes. I know he had to have been spying on me why else would issues be right by the door it was really too awkward for me to say anything at that moment so I just paid and left. Do you think it's possible that the door could've opened up by itself because I did not close it all the way or do you think that maybe he actually opened the door and I just did not hear it because I had earphones in? I kind of want to go back and talk to the manager but if the guy really wasn't spying on me I don't want to get him in trouble. I tried to convince myself that maybe I just saw his shoes because he was walking down the hallway at the time I took my goggles off. Now I'm having second thoughts about going back to the tanning bed and second thoughts about tanning completely naked in the tanning bed.

Most Helpful Girl

• personally I wouldn't. I've never been tanning so I don't know how they work and how involved the people who work there are with the customer service but I wouldn't automatically think he was spying. he could have thought you were done already and wanted to go clean, or thought he heard something weird, or anything, and simply went to check on it. or could have just been walking past the room coming back from the bathroom or something. I would either make sure the door is completely locked next time or not go naked, and maybe just go to another tanning place instead. but I probably wouldn't go complain to the manager because it just doesn't sound like there's enough evidence to claim he was spying on you.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, by all means tell the manager what you believe happened. You don't have to be 100% sure because your experience alone will not get this guy canned. But if one or more other customers report a similar experience he'll be shown the door.

• Don't go back. It's a mother fuc.king trap

• I recall a similar case in my country some while ago.

A girl had suspicions about the exact same thing, if I recall correctly, and the manager checked their security cameras and sure enough - the girls suspicion was right.

She then pressed charges

• So you want to go back and accuse someone of something you don't even know they are guilty of? First if he was behind the front desk, how did you see his shoes? How do you know he wasn't checking up on you?

• 100% sure then yes tell the mng, if not then don't

What Girls Said 4

• Was it a tanning bed that closed all the way?

I've never tanned so I don't know how they are made.

But if it was closed all the way I don't think he could have looked..maybe if it was clear?

But you know.

If it was clear or didn't close all the way and a person could see your body from the door yes you should 100% go back, the sooner the better.

• No the tanning bed is not made to close all the way my naked body was in full view of the door. For about 12 minutes

• Go back

• I would be a little concerned as you said you did see his shoes at the door..do you think he was watching or did the shoes just go by like someone walking do you think? whichever you think more I'd go with the gut..if that is the case and you don't want to make a statement of it by going back then maybe try to just move forward and if you want to continue tanning go to a different salon for it.

• I don't think the shoes look like they were walking by it look like they were standing at the door and then when I set up they moved really quickly like he was watching me.

• Yea that sounds pretty clear what was going on I wouldn't go back there not with tanning intentions at least

• well you don't have concrete proof he was spying so you don't really have a case, I mean what if he wasn't? you'd get him in a lot of trouble, there is a possibility he could have been but you need more evidence. Wild accusations never go well without concrete proof imo

• Uh,yeah! If you don't they'll keep on doing it!