Is it a turn off if a girl looks sad/upset?

I naturally have an upset looking face. If I'm just walking around on campus or shopping etc. people ask me if I'm sad about something or if I'm alright. I'm never actually upset though, it just looks like it.

On the other hand, the second I'm talking to someone (i've noticed) I always smile and my face "lights up"

so guys if you saw the first face (as a first impression) would you be turned off? and if you saw both faces, what would you think/do?

*If she was cute

Most Helpful Guy

• People for one reason or another feel it's unnatural and off-putting to see a miserable face. The truth is mostly it's because these people just want a person's attention, and/or don't know what else to say to the person. For me a cute girl who looks sad/upset doesn't put me off at all, it would only be off putting if she genuinely isn't happy to speak to me.

Personally I think if you "light up" your face whenever speaking to me, as a first impression I'd probably think you're not easily impressed/entertained.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah its a turn off to some extent if the girl looks unhappy , I'd definity be more interested in a happy girl over an unhappy one , the unhappy one to me might come across as too much of a challenge or too difficult to date

• Nothing. It takes a long time to get to know somebody, and I would never base my impressions off of the first meeting. I think sad girls are alright. I feel like comforting them or something.

• girls look more friendly and approachable when they're smiling so I'm sure it will diminish the number of guys who approach you.

What Girls Said 2

• I find it so annoying when people ask me that, then they say something stupid like "cheer up". Even worse is if I was actually on a high and someone says something like that. I guess just try keep your face in a neutral zone. I find myself frowning if I'm thinking about stuff, even stuff as pointless as what to eat when I get home.

• i'm a girl...but I usually don't smile much unless I'm w/someone I care for...and they tell me I should smile more,because most of the time they want to talk to me but feel like I don't want to talk to them...which some times I don't, but I mean I would like to be approached,so, I have to work on that :D so,yeah smile more...