What the hell has happened to AGE?

From time to time I'll work up the courage to talk to a girl online. I'm 21, and half of the people I see have this type of look where you cannot tell how old they are.

I talked to one girl today, she literally looked 20-21... She was f***ing 17.

I felt like a creep because I honestly had no way of knowing. I don't know if it's the way people dress, or if younger people just look older?

Anyone else notice this? Any good ways to avoid it?

Oh and For what it's worth. I look 17 too.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand exactly what you mean. I was trapped at a rodeo with my family, and I wanted to talk to some cute cowgirls to help the night go faster, and maybe date one. Anyway, I started talking to a super cute girl, and she ended up to be 16. haha, I kinda freaked out and just said "well, see ya!".

Yeah I felt like a creep, but what you need to understand is some girls know how to break the "age barrier" and know how to look a lot older than what they really are.

I say you're not a creep, you just picked the wrong girl to talk to is all.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• I've been thinking the same thing. Some people look older than what they actually are and vice versa. I'm 24 and all my co-workers before knowing my age would think I was either still in High School or just graduated High School. When I tell them my age,I see their shocked expression followed by a "I thought you were still in High School" or "I thought you were 18" sometimes they won't believe me lol. As for avoiding it, I don't think there's really a way to do so, just ask the person straight up how old they are.

• its the way we dress and act now. girls wear a heck of a lot more makeup now prob more than they ever did and the way we dress is getting more provocative because that's what we see in the media on 25 year old models and such. the media has a big effect on girls and everyone as a whole. I get mistaken for being older sometimes too. I'm 16 but a waiter thought I was like 21 and almost handed me a drink before my dad flipped on him.

• Wow, I am 17 and people tell that I look younger due to my babyface and my petite body. People think I look 14/15. Guys don't even ask me out because they think I am so young. I am about to turn 18 and people will still think I am younger than my age. I only see 14 or 15 year olds looking my way. There has only been about 2 times when I have been maybe hit on by an older guy. Honestly, sometimes I wished older than my age so that guys would ask me out, but whatever. Maybe when I am older I will be called a MILF or whatever.

What Guys Said 2

• One influence is makeup, another is simply that children are reaching puberty significantly earlier on average than they were even 10 years ago.

Just happens. As long as it was only talking then there's no need to feel like a creep

• I know. I was shocked to find out this girl I was hitting on was 10. I thought she was at least 12.

• Actually, a funny as comment. But seriously.