Girls: would you marry a rich old man?

would you? do you think it's possible to really love him? or would you just marry him because of his money? be honest! there are a lot of supermodels that date rich old men. I don't know why they date them, cause they are also rich and they don't depend on his money. what is the secret behind rich old men? are some girls attracted to mature men? are they attracted to power? what is it?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Rich old men need love too!I think most younger women who end up with wealthy older men (and I mean really old like nursing home age) think that money could buy them happiness. It's a mistake most people who have lived a less than modest life make. They think money paves the way to happiness.I don't begrudge women who choose money instead of love. What I don't like is the hypocrisy, when they pretend it was for other reasons besides an easier life style. Maybe that's what they tell themselves to make it easier to give up love for money.But I only apply that to men who are gasping their last breaths and popping viagra like candy. There are plenty of very attractive older men that still got the looks, the body, and everything a man needs to bag himself a sweet young thing. Money is just bonus.

• Well, health willing, my wife will end up with an old not-so-rich man, when we both will be old. Don't dare to write we're old already, you ***!!! ;-) !D

What Girls Said 10

• ehh, well I'm 15 and I'm sure many out there think I'm still young and my thoguhts will change, but I'm pretty sure they won't. Yes. Yes, I would marry a very very old very rich man, even though I wouldn't be physically attracted in the slightest bit! Why? because its about the money. For me (and a LOT of other people, men and women) money does buy happiness. YES IT DOES :D lol. Money can make up for almost every kinda happiness except love (which I hope to find when the old man dies). Of course I wouldn't kill an old man, but I would not make him get numerous surgeries and stuff so he dies later.I also don't want any children at all (disgusts me!) because my body and life will eff up lol. And an old man can't really have kids and stuff.But I think I MIGHT fall in love with one, if he doesn't physically disgust me. but yea, I would (and want to marry) an rich but very very old man

• At the age I'm at now, there's a certain age limit that allows no white hair. But if I was older and I was in love, than yeah, I would marry him. If you love someone, the details like age matter less. Sure, realistically we wouldn't have that long together, but it would be worth the time if we loved eachother.

• Nope, I don't get it. I'd rather be poor and in amazing love than be super wealthy with a man that I don't care for. I like older men but not anything more than 5 years older.

• I might but not for his money. Money isn't important to me. I would rather be independent and make my own money. I am generally attracted to older men because they are smart or have a good sense of humor.

• Lol, I like that.

• Heck no I would never marry an old man for money (and highly doubtful I would fall in love with him even without money). Reason being? There is too much of an age gap. I grew up in a well off family. We are not rich but we are above average. My parents enstilled in me the importance of enjoying life and conserving money. Money helps with financial stability but I don't rely on it to be happy. In fact, having too much money (yes it's a possibility) can make some people really unhappy. The secret behind huge age gaps in a marriage is usually money and financial stability. Rarely is there true love but it's not impossible.

• Never, no. I'd stab myself.I can make my own money and the rich lifestyle does not appeal to me in the least.

• Oh, and to answer your question. I have many interesting things in life. I'm happy with my job, I get along with my coworkers, I have a loving family, and I have great friends. I'm working towards something I really care about (in my job) and I'm getting better at it. Honestly, there is nothing more that I could want or ask for; I've been very blessed. I wish it was the same for everyone. But I honestly think some people already have great lives but they complain too much.

• Some people have NOTHING. And I just think it's sad how some people keep wanting MORE and more pointless things and think their lives are so difficult when there are billions of people out there who are trying to survive. My life is easy and I have no complaints.

• I didn't like how you assumed things about girls (that we all needed luxury items to be happy or that we are ALL attracted to that) and I didn't like how you assumed things about me. I never said money wasn't important. But I make enough to be happy. And my life isn't exactly hard. I have seen people with hard lives. And I think we complain too damn much these days. I mean, you have food to eat everyday, right? You have a place to stay. You have people to care for you.

• Show Older
  • i wouldn't, not only would it be gross to wake up to ever morning. but I like to know I'm independent and don't need some guy to get the things I want.but I have nothing against people who do, I supose it would be easier, I'm just not for it :)

• Thanks :)

• I like your attitude.

• I might marry someone like that for the money, I don't know. But he would have to be a decent guy. If he was an ass or controlling definately not, no matter how much money he had.

• Lol! some girls are even able to make money on their own! it's hard to believe, but in some areas it's the case.

• I know a guy in his early thirties with a lot of money & is good looking. The girls just flock to him.All these girls in the 18-24 age group have not grown up enough yet to realize it's money that matters & make the world go round. They will think differently after their first marriage & they are tired of being poor, broke & not being able to support themselves.For a better life all they have to do is spread their legs which is what they are & have been doing anyway

• I would marry him for his money but I wouldn't stay with him very long. I'd make an agreement with him that I'd be with him for a few years and then move on with my life and he can find a younger girl to be with. Money is the attraction and partly maturity. If that old guy worked at McDonald's you can bet the supermodel looking chick wouldn't be there. Either way they are both adults and it's pretty obvious what they're getting into.

• It doesn't matter to me if he's shallow too. YOU said you weren't shallow, but that's not true. you need to admit that you are, girl.half a million (a few years with an ugly old man/no real love/no real feelings) and you'd be happy? wow, this is so sad!

• So? It's shallow in his part too. What do you think these rich ass old men are marrying younger women for? Hint: it's not their personality!! I wouldn't try to take half of all his assets because I wouldn't deserve it. Just let me leave with half a million and I'll be happy lol

• Pre-Nup you leave with nothing!

• Show Older
  • I think the majority of young women that marry rich old men are golddiggers. Even women who have money are attracted to men with money-they wouldn't date a poor guy no matter how rich they were themselves. Of course, there are some women that are attracted to older men and they do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I could never find an old guy attractive and I'm not a golddigger so there is no way I would marry a rich old man.

• Haha yeh if I was a guy I wouldn't touch her either lol.

• Even if I were the poorest human being ever, I'd NEVER EVER f*** madonna. NEVER! ewww, that would be so disgusting! I feel so sorry for madonna's new boy.

• Lol that made me laugh, and yeh I kinda agree with you. There are some rich women that would date poor but I still think the majority wouldn't. As for Madonna-yucky! I think her toy boy must be a goldigger to be with her lol.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 2

• Power is an important aspect: reread Jung.Carla Bruni isn't so young anymore, 40, I believe but she is very rich, as well from heritage (her father 's biggest shareholder in Pirelli) as from her modelling an singing career, yet she married that French egotistic dwarf.Some marry old men DESPITE their age, some very rare (those girls who are unsure about themselves) are blinded by his experience of life, his "style" (whatever that is in their eyes) but most girls who marry old men have obvious $-signs in their eyes an $-ideas in their head.Smart old men use prenuptial, smarter old men use trust funds.Why do older men do it? Not that much for sex, but for their image, to show off to the world they're not that old and that they can get "the best", be it in clothes, cars, hotels or chicks. For those women, the feeling they're considered as "best" or "upmarket luxury" is perhaps the deciding factor. The real gold diggers get pregnant as soon as possible and call it "love" ROTFLMAO.Male gold diggers can't.

• There are girls who like much older men, regardless of wealth. They are rare though. I'm guessing maybe 1 in 100.Much more common is the gold digger.