What qualities do men look for in a wife?

Not as far as looks or her job, but in the person that she is.

Most Helpful Guy

• She has to know marriage is hard work, and not be someone who'll cry divorce when it gets tough.

She has to be smart (manage a budget), kind, forgiving (because I'm not perfect and I will f*** up) and in an ideal world she'll laugh at my jokes and make me laugh too.

We have to be good friends, because "love" is temporary and you need something when love fades.

She has to be sexually compatible. She has to be somewhat independent - have friends and hobbies of her own, so that she's not hanging out of me all the time. And she can't be the jealous type either. I don't want to be checked up on all the time like a wayward child.

What Guys Said 2

• This is what I would look for. Repetition with other people not intended.

Trust

Honesty

Caring

Respect

Integrity

Fairness

Kind

Gentle

Calm

Ladylike

Generous

Grateful

Compassionate

Good at Listening

Empathic

Humble

Self-Sacrificing

• Is she loyal?

Can I trust her?

Is she someone who knows how to compromise?

Is she a selfish person? if so, stay the f*** away.

Is she great to be around?

Does she make me happy?

What Girls Said 2

• The qualities they look for are:

Honesty

Being caring

Attentive

Loving

Independence

Patience

Understanding

the list goes on lol

Basically a man wants a wife who is caring - looks after him. Who is humorous - to make him laugh like another user suggested. To not be shy - share things with him, talk to him. A wife who cooks for him. Someone who is smart and independent - so she doesn't embarrass him or rely on him for everything. Someone who is understanding and trusts him for instance doesn't believe anything someone tells her about her husband. She has to be loyal and kind too

I could sit and write a whole list for you but I don't think that is what you're asking for.

Basically any man wants a wife who welcomes him with open arms. Who is loyal and trustworthy and loves him.

• hands down you nailed it.

• Want to elope? lol...

• Lol vandy you suggesting something :O You horrible horrible man telling your young innocent friend to run off because you knocked up a woman and are too scared to tell your mummy lmao jk :P

• I would guess the following: respectful, kind, loving, hardworking, clean/well-groomed, good with kids (if they have children together), gets along with his family, smart, cooks or makes enough money to get good takeout, etc.

• I think clean/well groomed would be under a "neat" category, which would also cover neatness in arranging things and being orderly.

Of course, the guy should also be able to cook too.

Makes enough money to get a good takeout? This is hilarious.

• Not all of us can cook. ;D hahahaha