Most comfortable shoes for men?

So I'm still looking for some really comfortable shoes. I'm constantly standing and walking around now because of my jobs.

Any recommendations for the most comfortable shoes for men?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried insoles for your shoes? Just because they look pro doesn't mean they can't feel like slippers on the inside :)

Also, consider contacting a local "chiropractor / massage" center. Ask them if they do light therapy (and if they ask, they probably don't, but you can explain that you heard of lazer stimulation and want to try it)... It's fairly inexpensive for the result and what it does is really remarkable. I was in a bad accident in 2009 where I had a lot of broken and fractured disks in my spine.. The result from the accident was that I have numbing/tingling bilaterally (both feet past the calves down)... Well, the lazer stim in conjunction with being adjusted every 2 weeks is enough to keep me going, though I'm an extreme case. I believe it would be about a month of going every week or two weeks for you, then it would even out to about once a month. The average cost in my area with insurance is simply your co-pay ($25) and without it averages $60.

Additionally, you might consider talking to your boss and okaying certain kinds of shoes before you buy them. Once he notices that you are trying to find a good shoe because of your painful soles he might have recommendations from other workers and/or approve tennis shoes. A happy worker is a productive worker. If your boss can't bend due to other agents - ask him if he can approve a specific black tennis shoe / etc for all the reps to wear (it looks more dressy if it's black?).

Good luck, hope it helps.

What Girls Said 5

• I would definitely recommend Vibram FiveFingers if you are always on your feet. link

I've seen people wear them in many different professions and jobs. They're apparently even popular at the Pentagon.

Some people are put off by their appearance at first, and question their quality, but I assure you that they are the most comfortable, amazing shoes I have ever owned. Give your feet time to appropriately adjust to them, though-- a handful of people who have jumped right into them have temporarily had issues (primarily only if involved in intense exercises, and their feet were not strong enough due to years of cushioned, pillowy sneakers).

• Sneakers or flexible-sole loafers (or any 'other' shoe s/a the Vibram). The key is the flexible sole. Any shoe/boot with a flat inflexible sole will put undue strain on your feet and knees by changing the way you walk. If you find a flexible pair you like, but need more support, buy a pair of quality insoles. SuperFeet (insole) is a good brand.

Source: An orthotist w/20+ years of experience.

• Sole loafer slippers

My dad has a pair, won't stop bragging about how comfy they are

link

• sneakers are pretty comfy

• ferragamo

My coworkers (male) highly recommended this.

What Guys Said 20

• When I was framing houses I wore Saucony link and had good luck with them. I was on my feet all day, 6-7 days a week in the summer. They are well ventilated and well built. They last forever, probably 3-4X as long as Nike or Reebok.

• What type of jobs? That's important, because you have to choose between casual, business, business casual, etc. You need to let us know what type of shoe before we can give recommendations on comfortable ones. I know when I worked as a cashier, sneakers were fine...however as a pharmacist, I'm not going to be wearing sneakers if I'm in community pharmacy - only if I'm in hospital pharmacy and in scrubs. When I was a budget analyst, I needed business casual.

• I can wear tennis shoes, casual or semi casual is fine. the jobs are just retail. I'm always on my feet like I said. sometimes it can get almost unbearable continuing to stand.

• any particular brand you recommend?

• I don't wear training shoes often, but I'm a fan of New Balance. They just seem to suit me well. Each person is different, though. You should go to a shoe store that carries a lot of different brands, try some one and walk around. See which give you the best support and shock absorption.

• Crocs- link

• A lot of surgeons use crocs since apparently they're very comfortable...not the best looking, but if you just want comfort they're great.

• I have a pair of Kenneth Cole shoes, they are very comfortable and classy. Fully leather and have great inside cushioning.

I walked on them for hours when I was sightseeing in Europe last November, through the pebble streets and many many museums.

• I like my Hushpuppies

• Classic loafers are never a bad idea if they are high quality. you may also want to consider an insole to give you a little extra comfort. If you are on your feet all day you may want to wear a 2nd more roomy shoe later in the day as your feet swell.

• I'm not sure that the problem is your shoes.

• For me, nothing but Merrell slip-ons. I can go all day in them.

• There's several of them. which ones do you use? link

• I'll have had them a year in June.

• And do you work at your job with them on?

• The most comfortable pair of shoes for me have always been skate shoes

• If you want the most comfy shoes I would have to say Dr Martens are great. link

• Sneakers are the best.

Or if you want weightless, Adizero 2.0.

• Keen

some Clarks this kind of sole is very comfortable link

a worn in pair of boots will feel incredible but that takes time

• I got some Clarks and are very happy with them.

• I prefer the ascis gel-nimbus. they are very comfortable for me to move around in

• nike roshe runs hands down. go half size up link

• I've found that the most comfortable footwear is skater shoes. Etnies or something similar. If you have to be standing for a very long time grab some insoles. They help a lot.

• for me its nike airmax

• New Balance. I have some messed up feet.

• high heels.