I look better in mirror than on photo. Why?!

Well never I look in the mirror I see my self as a good handsome guy but whenever I take a photo of myself I look horrible): why is that ?! And what can I do to changed that somehow if its even possible to change

Most Helpful Girl

• Photos are "flipped" horizontally compared to your mirror. You are so used to seeing yourself in the mirror that in pictures you have trouble recognizing yourself when it's mirrored, so your brain doesn't make you appear more handsome as it normally does when you look at yourself. Plus, flash photography flattens the face and either accentuates redness or shiny skin. You could fix this by wiping the shiny parts of your skin with a wetwipe. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could use some foundation and define your nose and cheekbones with some bronzer. I don't think anyone would notice.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm so used to that... The lighting is the main reason and you don't necessarily take the picture at the exact same angle as you see yourself in the mirror. Simply adding light and a bit of contrast to your picture with photoshop can do a big difference and if it's not enough, turn it in black and white.

• Lighting mhm okay lol thanks (:

• I think your mirror is lying to you. Either that or your camera is making fun of you, don't worry I'm sure you look fine!

• I am so glad you asked this! I am the same way I look great rely great in the mirror and like crap in photos. I know I am good looking but for some reason I look in a heavily medicated crazy person who just had a stroke in photos. I am just not photogenic I have accepted it ( or it would drive me crazy) ...Oh well

If you look good in the mirror or in person then your good looking!

What Guys Said 3

• The camera distorts your face link

try this:

Hold a camera and half arms length, or enough to just get your whole face in the frame, stay zoomed out. Then get someone else to hold it several feet from you, but zoom in enough to get just your face it. You look more like what it looks when far away+zoomed in.

• Its called being photogenic the camera doesn't like you

• Well in that case I don't like her either

• Usually its cheek bones I hear that affect it mostly

• Well, not every person is born photogenic.

It takes practice.

• Practice ? what you mean