Is it tru that guys prefer blondes?

I'm a brunette but have found myself wanting to be blond for years. I generally do want to be blond anyways, but also I can't help thinking that if I was, I would have had a boyfriend by now. Is that stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• blondes tend to be viewed as "barbie-dolls" to tell the truth... unless he's got the balls to go up to her its only eye candy to them (so you're thinking well its only hair color, I'm a girl trying on a new color) well to us were thinking damn... she's hot with that hair style/color "i doubt id have a shot with her, but its worth a try"

its like when you wear a skirt, or a low cut shirt, you're thinking "well I'm doing it cause it feels good" right well yeah that may be true...but to you...to us its like "damnn... I may have hope of seeing something etc..." that's why we like the so much even though they can be intimidating at times

i myself prefer redheads because theyre rare and I have read that they are the best in bed... plus I just think red looks good and is my favorite color

what you could do, as I saw a girl today with blondish brunetteish hair is just do streaks of blonde or something, I'm not too sure how to explain it, but I think it might look good, I know I was attracted to the girl with it today.

hope this helps

• Thanks very much for your advice. I've always wanted to be blonde, but I don't think for the right reasons, loll. I think it was more a psychological thing because I've always thought that the actress and singer Hilary Duff is beautiful and she always got the guy - but that's in the movies, not reality. I have a tendency to live in fiction!! Thanks, I mightt just do that with my hair!! Take care!

• Too true, thank you! : )

What Guys Said 7

• Nope, I like black, or brown hair. And if I had to choose blond it would be a dirty blond. Something darker, and maybe have dark highlights. I prefer darker hair, and eyes!

• Generally, I am much more attracted to brunettes than blondes...especially those orange fake-tanned blondes

• It's rare that I find a blonde attractive. I definitely prefer brunettes or red heads. If you want to change your hair, add some highlights or something, but don't go all blonde.

• Oh gd! : ) Alright I will. Yes, I do feel like another look for summer but it depends. Half of me just thinks I should stop worrying and appreciate who I am. Take care!

• Nooooo... I am a brunette guy tbh.

• No, not at all. Lots and lots and lots of guys prefer brown hair.

• Thanks for your reply. Phewww! It's just that most of the films you see - although that's not real life, always has blonde girls being the love interest.

• I don't have a preference. What's the difference? There isn't any~

• i love black hair, mediterainian style italian. 10x better than blondes any day.

What Girls Said 4

• i don't think so. I'm a brunette and if that were true I wouldn't have any guys attracted to me or going out with me...so I seriously doubt that. I agree that there is a stigmatism about blonds being more attractive. but I think people are beautiful if they're beautiful, not just due to hair colour

• Thanks for the reply. Yes, but also I'm guessing you have a lot of confidence which I reallly don't, loll! : ) That has nothing to do with hair colour, but it's all part of it I think. Take care!

• Yea no worries ;*)

• Well I'm a brunette, more black tho... And I wanted to go blond a while back, I didn't tho...

I think the deal with a lot of guys it that they like long hair that's great cut, you know like the shampoo commercials^^

So try to let your hair grow long and in layers (not if you have curly hair), they'll love it;)

+ while your getting your hair done, go shopping for some new outfits too and be sure to ask the people there for help on what looks good, that's what they're paid to do;)

• Try blonde hightlights.

• No don't listen to her she is actually bald and uses fake pics of hawt asian chicks to fool you into said recommendation XD I kid

• Lmao

atleast you said their "hawt" :)

• Yes, they love blondes. They are pretty and they look good. They are doll like, feminine.

Guys like anything that pleases their eyes.

• Blondes are annoyingly so, loll. Thanks for your comment. Take care! : )

• Not only they are annoying, they are also dumb !