Do you sometimes use body wash as shampoo?

What's the weirdest thing you use as a shampoo?

I know this guy who uses body wash as a shampoo, does anyone else do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone gave me a body wash/shampoo combo as a gift and when I happened to run out of my regular body wash and shampoo I started using the gift stuff. So yes I guess I do use body wash as shampoo. Its not that bad really.

What Guys Said 8

• That's not that weird at all. Most mens bodywashes say on the bottle that they're suitable for the hair as well. Personally, I don't use them for that, just because I have long hair and it would get really frazzled.

• soap is saop

• Nah but I sometimes use shampoo as bodywash

• I do that all the time. Almost always do it when I go swimming or travelling.

• only by accident

• hahaha, were you thinking of someone and then you accidentally washed your hair with body wash?

• The body wash bottle was the same size and shape as the shampoo so I didn't notice til it was too late lol

• hahahaha :D

• is this said guy hot?

• people knock at his door at one am to ask for a shovel.

• Well, no.

If I have no shampoo, then I would just wash my hair with water.

• i do it. its all the same to me lol

What Girls Said 12

• No I don't but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Especially if you didn't have any shampoo, you're still cleaning yourself which is better than not haha.

• I usually don't, but I have in a pinch, yes. It's not as conditioning as some shampoos, but I use conditioner anyway so it didn't matter too much.

• I can't say I haven't done that before lol.

It didn't feel much different to be honest.

• when my hair was very short (a pixie), I'd use bar soap on it. It made this one friend of mine nuts because she's a hairdresser- she freaked out about pH balance and whatever. She bought me shampoo and conditioner and would actually check the levels to see if I was using it. Now my hair is longer, though, and bar soap would make it look crazy. (Otherwise I would still use it on my head.)

• never ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Awful for your hair!

Plus I dye my hair, so it would not be good for that either.

• No but I have tried using shampoo as a body wash.

• What if abnormally long hair starts growing on your body D:

• then use nair or if it's bad enough see a doctor

• i once did it, but after washing my hair with shampoo, the body wash smelled Soooo Good! I had to rub it all over myself lol

• No way. My hair would come out really bad if I did that.

• No. But I Used To Used Sulfate Free Shampoo As Body Wash. Recsntly Stoped And Switched To An AntibacterialBody Wash . It Keeps Me Fresher Longer.

• I do this a lot. There really isn't much difference between the two. Shampoo may or may not have a few extra things in it.

• No and who cares?

• Yes sometimes.