Do you consider a girl "conceited" if she doesn't wear makeup?

I do wear makeup but lately I haven't been wearing it much at all. For example, I won't wear it to the grocery store or to run to the drug store. Also, if I am sick I won't put it on. It's kind of a waste.I buy really good quality makeup so I don't want to waste it on going across the street just to pick up ingredients for dinner. When I was younger I would never set foot out of the house without a face full of makeup, but now I'm older and don't see any reasoning to it. Well, lately I have been told I am "conceited" for "thinking" I don't need makeup. It's not that I don't THINK I need it, that I think I'm so perfect that my natural "beauty" is too awesome to cover with gasp, MAKEUP! No, not one darn bit. I am very self conscious and it is actually really hard to go bare faced for me but I tough it out. But the comments are really starting to erk me off. A high school "friend" on Facebook commented on a photo of me "Posting pix of yourself without makeup eh? Someone needs a dose of reality," But mostly I get told how women come off as "conceited" if they go without makeup, because they are basically showing that they are so darn beautiful that they don't need it. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let other people words get to you. Nay-sayers have been around since the dawn of civilization, their purpose in life is to basically bring other people down, and they don't realize how much of an evil act it is.

If you are really self conscious then that is something you can't change. How about wear a hat or something baggy if you decide now to wear make up? Some people do this, especially famous people to make themselves incognito.

Some people in general don't really try to make themselves look good, just go to a grocery store.

• No makeup is best, why hide you're natural beauty?

What Guys Said 6

• Let me guess: the person telling you that you're conceited is a girl.

A girl that always has makeup on.

And the troll on Facebook, simply a bully.

Being beautiful is a state of mind. Aesthetic beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and subjective.

The only impression I get from your photos is that you might be a bit of a smartass, so they're just trying to get you back for your last sarcastic comment to them.

Tee-hee.

• I'm Buddhist, and kind of traditional, and people who don't want to use makeup are great. That is what modesty and not wasting money is all about, along with just going natural. Do what you want to do. Other people are not right to judge you for this, so don't let it bother you. True friends don't criticize each other. Have confidence, and just be who you want to be.

• simple: they're just jelly that you look amazeballs without makeup. :)

side note: I think I look amazeballs without makeup too. :P

• This! :)

Don't care about what others say. They are just jealous that you go outside without a face full of makeup and that they don't. Embrace your natural beauty girl! :D Don't worry what others think or say. It's your body, your face

• *HIGH FIVE -citygirl*

• Who cares if you are wearing or not wearing makeup. People are weird. It's your body and face wear makeup, no makeup, put on clown face paint who cares. Unless a girl is cake facing on the makeup, I never really even think about it when looking at a girl.

• "conceited"? No I wouldn't think that at all. I would simply think she is not "dressing up" and doesn't feel the need to "doll up" for a trip to the grocery store. :-P

• My girlfriend doesn't really like to wear makeup. Not sure why, but I'm cool with it. She is pretty anyway.

What Girls Said 10

• Women who don't wear makeup come off as conceited because often times, they're plain janes or nothing more than average (without the makeup) yet they put down women who do wear makeup, call them names like trashy/slutty/whores and somehow feel that they're superior women because they're natural.

But no, I don't. I don't wear makeup but I love it, I'm just too lazy to put it on

• Not necessarily.

Only if she is the type of girl to put others down and say that all girls should take that approach with their makeup too. Usually it's the girls who don't wear makeup that are saying horrible things and terrible comments about women that do.

"Women that wear makeup aren't confident, are insecure, have to hide their insecurities, etc."

But no, I don't consider women that don't wear makeup as conceited right off the bat unless they make a comment about women that do...when they are plain at best with looks. Really...no one has a right to judge someone else.

• Usually no, but if the person is boasting about how they don't need make up and they have this natural radiance and youthful skin, then yes conceited to mars and back. I think more when girls do not wear makeup they don't like the feel of makeup and such on.

• I would think a girl that wears makeup to go to the grocery store is conceited; not the other way around.

But using less makeup makes a girl beautiful, the more the makeup the older she looks...

• You Can't judge someone off of whether they're wearing makeup or not. A lot of girls don't wear makeup and are very down to earth and a lot of girls wear makeup that are conceited and vice versa. Its about the personality of that person because, I'm pretty sure makeup doesn't make someone who they are in general :)

• Whoever thinks that is obviously lower on the evolutionary scale.. You are not concieted AT ALL! People who think you should have to wear makeup are stupid, ignorant a**holes. Don‘t listen to them. And who cares if you think you‘re pretty?! They‘re just jealous they can‘t pull off natural beauty as well as you :) My advice? Delete any and all people who try to make you feel bad for being your TRUE self

• no because a person can have plenty of good reasons why she would not want or do not wear makeup. personally I don't wear makeup and it's not because I feel pretty, it's because for now it doesn't interest me that much that's why I'm not really persistent to learn it. also, it's no biggie here that a girl don't wear makeup...in fact majority of women in my country don't wear makeup at all :)

• no, I would think opposite.

• I do not find a girl conceited if she does not wear any makeup; I find her confident.

• no