Should I dye my hair blonde?

for a while now I've wanted to dye my hair back blond as its a medium brown at the moment. problem is, my best friend is growing her hair out blond and I don't want to seem like a copy cat. She died it dark brown a year ago and her hairdresser convinced her to go back to her natural blond a few days ago :(

She isn't copying my idea as I never told her I wanted to go blond before her. This is a re-occurring problem as I wanted to cut my hair short for a month, didn't tell her then she cut her hair short. I wanted to dye my hair purple then before I told her she did it so I never did those things.

I know that if I do it now she'll get annoyed and think I'm copying but I really want to do it and she won't believe me if I tell her now. Should I just go for it, explain to her, not do it or just dye it darker and forget about it so as to not copy?

i think I look better with light hair but she thinks I look better with darker hair. I have blue eyes and a pale-ish skin tone.

What hair color do you prefer in general as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• Always do (or don't do) whatever makes you happy, no matter what someone else says or does. Your the only person that has to live with your decisions.

Also, keep this thought in mind: in most cases someone is your best friend because you have A LOT in common. It shouldn't surprise you that you both have similar tastes and interests. If she went blond too, that only solidifies that you are both like-minded. I've gone out with my boy before and we both show up in almost the same attire. It just shows that were on the same page lol.

What Guys Said 3

• Aren't you blond in your profile pic?

• There's something weird about your picture and this question...

• thats not me its a singer called lights haha

• Why there's someone else in your profile picture what is not you? Shouldn't it be reserved to show you?

• If you do it, just remember, the more you do it, the more you're killing your hair

What Girls Said 2

• I have dark blond hair and have been getting highlights for most of my life. They look so good and natural on my hair color. I would say get highlights but don't die the whole head blond because highlights grow out better. I say go for it!

• that is so stupid, your friend should not dictate your hair color. the amount of blondes is ridiculous. it's not like being blond is unique! if she cares she is no your friend! do what you like best, it's YOUR hair, you have to live with it! take it from someone who has been through several haircolor looks and highlights!