How to build calf muscles?

I have insanely scrawny calf muscles. I can't stand to look at them. For years I have struggled to build them up to no avail and I need some advice from someone of a slim build male or female to help me out. I see all of the girls of different sizes with these shapely legs and I look at mine and get plain pissed off. HELP!

Ok thanks guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• calf lifts

If you don't have access to a gym, load a backpack up with books. Stand on a stair at the end of your foot, with as little footing as you can and still remain balanced (not much more than half the foot).

lift yourself up. Do it with one leg at a time if you feel you're not doing anything

What Guys Said 2

• Running and squats.

Yeep.

• I've been told to basically squat my life away. lol Thanks

• Lots of calf

• Lots of calf raises. Even if you're just chillin at home. Stand up and get on your tippy toes... up and down and repeat over and over

What Girls Said 6

• Try doing calf raises, which is that standing on your tiptoes thing that EntropicDecay was talking about. Otherwise try cycling on first gear, but do it standing up so you're placing extra weight on your calves :)

If worst comes to worst, try wearing knee socks underneath your jeans to create the impression of thicke calves :)

• Wearing heels would be good, but I have a simple exercise for this if you can't walk with heels :)

You're in a standing position, and you have to keep your knees straight.

You just have to push yourself on your tiptoes, then put your heels back on the floor. Do it 20 times and you'll feel your calves burn ^^

You could do 20 of those "stand ups', two times a day.

Hope this works for you :)

• Well... I've kind of always had them even as a little kid and trust me I have had my days where I wished they were smaller. What tends to build them up is sprinting for short distances at high speeds. No long distance running. You can also wear ankle weight everywhere you go.

• I have the opposite problem very well developed calf muscles & I wish mine were smaller.

• wear high heels!

• jump rope will help a good bit.