Do you judge people based on their clothing/persona style? What is your style?

If you're out of high school, do you still judge people of similar groups the way you did in high school? Do you still dislike the jocks, preps, punk rockers, emos, hip hop/urban style kids, nerds, etc.

If you see a group dressed a certain way, what do you think about each of those groups? Do you especially hate preps or rockers and if so, why?

Also, what is your style? do you dress like a rocker/edgy/punk style or do you dress in another type of style? (which style?)

Do you think some people judge you based on the way you dress, speak, and carry yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's see...I wear often a black nail polish (but not always) it just suits me, and I wear normal clothes (jeans mostly and t-shirts) My clothes aren't really feminine like say exotic or that they catch the eye as much but aren't manly either. So then my "style" is casual (and comfy to me). I never attempted to look like the music I listen to cause I'm not looking for attention I prefer being normal and unnoticeable (but not entirely of course).

I think people are being labeled certain names cause they wanted it, they knew if they wore some metal shirts and weird hair that they'll be called a "rocker" or "metal head". Some wanna show what they like, some wanna be interesting, some wanna be outcasts and demonstrate it and some of them just pretend. With pretending or "posing" the person could be entirely different or if it's the rest then he/she isn't necessarily a stereotype by their personality...So I don't think it matters anyway what's their style. I always give chance to all people and if I like them we slowly befriend if I don't I don't talk to them. I think style shouldn't matter but it does to many people anyway - those who wear it and those who judge it...

• calm down emo girl

You wouldn't talk to a guy if he looked homeless on the train

• lol emo girl? If by anything I wrote you made a judgement I'm "emo" then you're a proof that there will always be people who judge people they don't know by small stuff...I wish you well

What Girls Said 6

• im in college, but it's all basically the same

i dislike jocks, I can't help it haha. I'm more of an "alternative"/ "rocker" so I always feel instantly judged by them, especially since I find that jocks are the only people on campus who still continue to only befriend other people in their clique.

other than that I like most other cliques (not a fan of nerds though, I don't get them enough)

like I said my style is a gypsy/rocker type thing. I like boots,velvet, leggings, circle skirts, black in every outfit, beaded jewelry, lots of rings at once, hats, and a smokey eye, fitted tank tops etc...

i know I get judged on my style especially since I'm black…so it's uncommon. most instantly think I'm some anime nerd which pisses me off because I personally hate anime haha.

but yeah, I do judge based off of style initially, but I care more about the overall "vibe" I get and how that works with their style

• No I don't really notice those things anymore. Just because a person dresses a certain way, it doesn't necessarily mean theyre going to act according to whatever stereotype they are classified in.

For me, clothes are just clothes. Its what's inside that matters. If the only interesting thing the person has is their clothes, then that just shows what a boring person they are.

I don't have a particular style. I just wear what I like.

• I am in college , and its same as high school

• always, because it tells me a lot about their character, my style is boho/hisper/edgy

• Yeah. How you dress matters

• My style is throw on whatever's clean. Yes people do judge me based on the way I'm dressed. I'm not to popular with girls or guys. I've never judged people by the style of clothing they wear.

What Guys Said 6

• I honestly don't have a style. Just a t-shirt with jeans and slippers mostly, sometimes I wear sneakers, but not that much as I used to. That's what I wear normal days.

When I go out, I'll wear a nice shirt with or without a body jacket, nice pair of black pants and nice leather shoes, sometimes I'll wear my pointy shoes, but that just depends how long I would be walking or standing, because they aren't that comfortable but very stylish.

• i just always felt that if you have a particular "style" then you are probably not very interesting and are compensating for your lack of interesting

• So someone can't be good looking and interesting?

Someone's jelly >_>

• what does good looks have to do with style. somebodies a dumb dumb

• T-shirt with shorts or jeans is my style and I don't judge people by their cloths.

• To a degree. It only says so much, but it does say something.

• dress like an adult. fitted clothes, small to no labels, mostly black white and greys.

I only dress like this because when I go shopping, people will serve me better, because its obvious I have money when they see my watch

• People always tend to judge people by their first impression.