Why do some people consider it "honesty" to be blunt?

Why is it that some people think it's considered "honest" to be blunt? For example, some people think it's not being honest to tell someone how they really look when they ask "how do I look"?

What do you think of the relationship between honesty and bluntness?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honesty is being truthful. Blunt is getting straight to the point without dressing anything up. The difference is the person/s patience levels according to the circumstances! A person can be truthful without being harsh ie in a tactful polite way. A person is blunt through lack of tolerance for that person, situation, experience etc. I hope you get what I mean!

What Girls Said 3

• I think the word that's more appropriate is "rude." A lot of people say rude things and then defend it by saying "I'm just being honest." I don't know why they do that.

• honesty is just that. honesty. being blunt is how that honestly is delivered

example~

being honest: yes you look kind of big today

being honest (gentle): you may look a little on the large side, but it's okay

being honest (blunt):……you look really fat.

so yes, being blunt is being honest. it's just the a**hole way of doing it

• Most people are just rude. I wish people would just shut up most of the time. When I'm asked for my opinion I'll answer honestly, but that doesn't mean I have to be rude. I hate when people hide behind the silly excuse of being honest.

What Guys Said 2

• Truth never reveals itself in a nice way most of the time.

Think about it, the only time Truth is shown in a nice harmless way is if its in the books, movies, or stories..

• It's really honesty since you don't hide the truth.