What is it about guys and games?

Why do all guys LOVE video games and what is it with ANIME? GUYS PLEASE ANSWER ME!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not all guys are, video games are entertaining and fun, have you played any? And it improves hand-eye coordination, to most if not all of us that play video games, it's like playing soccor or football, but without having to get a team together, without having to find a place to play and hope for clear weather, and if you mess up chances are people aren't going to be too pissed, not to mention if you mess up you won't get injured like you would playing a sport. Anime, it depends on the person, some enjoy it for it's story telling and or style of art, others just see it as any other tv show or anything like that. Perhaps you should try watching an anime with a story line that interests you and acceptable quality of art, and more or less the same thing with a video game, play one that you might have an interest in before just casting them aside, you might find that you like these things too. You wouldn't have to buy a game even, just to try one, you could ask a friend or try going to somewhere that you can pay to play for a bit, like a computer Cafe' you could probably even ask them what kinds of games they have and how to play and such, once you learn the controls it can be easy to have a really fun time. I hope this answer helps.

What Guys Said 5

• THIS IS NOT TRUE. I think dudes who like cartoon girls and video games have a(never had sex) or b(have had sex but it was horrible) or c(are wimps) or d(just don't care about sex and women that much) that last one is hard for me to swallow because I'm like most guys who probably had sex that first time, and felt how warm and slippery and soft vagina was and was HOOKED on it. I myself own a playstation. Yes. And I play it from time to time when I'm bored and can't get attention from some girl. Lol. I own 2 games for that thing. Madden football, and fight night boxing. I honestly don't understand how ANYBODY sits in front of a tv for hours on end staring at a tv holding a controller, and wearing a damm headset talking to some 14 year old kid in japan or something. I can't grasp it. So not all guys love anime and playing games all the time. When I get bored I typically start trying to get laid. Because I'd rather entertain myself MOTORBOATING some girl, than staring at a tv. I don't even have cable. And not because I can't afford it, the military pays descent.

• So what you just told to all the women out there is that all you care about is sex and don't care for a relationship.

• Video games provide an escape when things get tight around us. That said, video games are, to me, a thing of the past. I used to play all day every day, but then when I started reading to the degree I am now, playing, alongside all other hobbies for me, fell to the side.

Okay, now for anime. I LOVE ANIME! Yahoo! I work in the media industry as a 3D animator. Doing this stuff is great to me. Anime is also a great source of entertainment because the stories are almost always original, the drawing and animation is beyond exceptional, and did I mention that the stories are really great? You can't knock that, seriously?!?!

Okay, all that said, yes, I have liked gaming, and I still love anime (HOW CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR THAT? IT'S RUDDY BRILLIANT!) but I do have other interests too. My bosses are really reluctant to the idea of me spending as much time on the internet as what I do because they found that I spend up to eight hours a day reading.

• Two of my female friends are into anime, and I got no male friends that are into it, so don't know about it just being a guy thing. Video games----well, why do women enjoy lipsticks, and manicures, and pedicures, and romance novels? I used to play video games till I was 18 or so, then I got busy chasing girls so no time for video games; some of my friends that are my age range still play them, and for them, as they say, is a good escape from reality. For me is a waste of time now. I would rather be reading a book.

• Anime is usually more enjoyable to watch than the other crap which is on TV these days. They have actual story lines (some don't, usually the ones for kids), and anime characters usually have super-powers which most people dream about having.

Video games are always going to be popular. In the old days men could go and fight or hunt and get their urges handled that way. Nowadays, video gaming is the alternative. Video games could be just like any other hobby, basically you have a goal (finish the game, play through and enjoy the story, get the high score, compete with your friends) and you complete the goal and feel happy about doing so. As long as the guy isn't addicted to the video games, don't write him off. It shows he likes setting goals for himself to reach. :)

• same reason girls love shopping and gossiping

What Girls Said 1

• Not all guys love video games. It depends on the guy. I do think most do, but definitely not all. Anime is just a different style of drawings. I find most of it rather beautiful (ex. My avatar) Some anime is really entertaining (some of the graphic novels or tv shows). You should give anime a chance because some of it is really cool. :)