Girls, what are your opinions on below average height guys?

So I just got rejected by this girl I was really interested in and enjoying talking to for a few weeks because of my height (5'6-5'7). She doesn't strike me as a shallow person, and I've actually been having a really strong mutual connection with her. I'm really bummed out right now but I do want serious advice and opinions. It's really demoralizing that I can't fix it by working out, losing weight, taking care of myself or anything like that.

So I'm curious, girls, what's your opinion?

• Would consider dating
  • Would not consider dating

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm about 5'6 and have dated guys who were 5'7-6'7.

She may not be attracted to you and height is just one component of it. A lot of people aren't attracted to each other, that doesn't mean nobody will be attracted to you. Girls get turned down for being the wrong height, breast size, body shape, skin tone, facial shape, etc. all the time...as guys are very visual and most have a certain "type" that they prefer. (Yes, I've had guys who thought I wasn't the right height, as I was "too tall" ... including some tall guys!)

It's a bummer, but you eventually meet someone who is attracted to you and you them and it works out. Also, the connection you felt wasn't as mutual as you believed, otherwise she'd be dating you. Sometimes, our attraction misleads us to interpret other people's interest. It happens to the best of us. I read a good analogy once that said rejection is often like getting turned down while trying to sell a sculpture to a painting gallery. It doesn't mean that they aren't both attractive art, it's that it's not the right market.

What Girls Said 14

• Personally, below average height guys have just the same chance as any other guy with me- although it could be because I'm short too (5ft nothing) and I've never actually met a guy shorter than me.

But my best guy friend is short, like 5'7, and he generally seems to do well with girls despite being short. He's dated tall girls, short girls, and average girls, so I know that there are girls out there (besides me) who don't find height a problem. He has told me about a few girls who wouldn't give him a chance because he was "too short" so I know they're out theree as well.

Maybe this girl was one of those, or maybe she just wasn't into dating you right now (this could be for a lot of reasons that don't necessarily have anything to do with you). Either way, I'm sorry you got rejected, that sucks. But don't let it make you bitter or stop you from trying again. Good luck!

• I personally like tall guys. And at least prefer guys taller than me.

Because well, it IS weird when you are dating a person smaller than you. And girls might feel embarrassed walking in public with a boyfriend smaller than her.

Lots of girls prefer taller guys, but if that guy is too tall, not good.

Below average height guys? Maybe not so good. But it really depends on how short you are. If you are just a tiny bit shorter than average, probably doesn't really matter for most girls.

But some girls are very picky when choosing a boyfriend, so below average guys have less chance than taller guys I guess.

• i prefer tall guys but I'm also a relatively tall girl (5'7.5"). I would just feel awkward with a guy shorter than me. that being said, I have hooked up with a guy who is just under 5'7" but I would really prefer a guy taller than me, even if ever so slightly. I also think the guy would prefer a girl shorter than him though anyway.

• Average height for a guy is actually in the 5'8/5'9 range (here in the US, anyway). I'm 5'4 so I don't have a problem dating average or even a little shorter but I prefer a guy about 5'8 or 5'9. I don't consider myself very shallow (especially when there are girls who are 5'1 who won't date a guy under 6'0) but I won't date a guy who is my height or shorter. It makes me feel big and bulky and I prefer to feel small and delicate compared to guys that I'm with.

Are you sure she rejected you because of your height? And if she did, was she taller than you or around your height? Because it's not really fair to call her shallow for that.

• How tall was she?

I'm pretty short myself 5'3. My ex was 5'5 and it was awkward when I wore heels and became taller then him. I think 5'7 is perfectly fine given that the girl is shorter (then again, there are some tall girls that dig shorter guys).

My advice, don't let it get you down. Everyone at some point question their height because of rejection. Like my current boyfriend is 6'2 and he asked me if he was too tall haha. Just remember even tall guys and girls can be insecure about their height :p

• the hell w her,she is shallow bottom line,shes no different than as racist who judges another by their looks and not their character,who wants someone like that?

• as long as he is taller than me, its all good. I'm 5"5.5. lol I don't care if he is the same height as me...but shorter? idk...i have to like him alot...because he would loose some attraction points.

• my boyfriend is 173 which is around 5'7 and I think he's the perfect height for me (i'm 159cm or 5'2)

• Honestly as long as I'm shorter than the guy its all good. We can be the same height too just as long as I'm not taller. That's weird she rejected you tho! My boyfriend is 5'6-5'7 and I'm 5'4 so there isn't much difference but its not like you're 5'2 for her to reject you. Are you sure it was cause of your height? Is she taller than you? If not then I don't think she'd really reject you cause of your height.

• I had a crush on a guy who is a few inches shorter than me. I decided it would be weird if we dated because of the height difference. I don't consider myself shallow, and honestly, if eventually I fell for him, I most likely would get over the difference and after a while I wouldn't even think twice about it, and it wouldn't bother me but my boyfriend is just over six foot and I'm used to a taller boyfriend now so to have a boyfriend shorter than me would be extra weird for me now I think...sorry about your situation...

• I'm about half a foot taller than you. For me personally, 5'9 is where I draw the line. Any shorter than that and I can't help but feel like a parent with a child (I feel the same if the guy is significantly taller than the girl). I would still consider a guy shorter than 5'9, but he needs to be that much more impressive in other areas just to compensate for the parental factor. :\

• Would not smash

• u know I'm a tall girl and recently I met a guy who is like same height as me, barely, if anything he's an inch SHORTER than me. at first, instinctively, I was not interested cause I don't wanna be with a guy that will make me feel like a giant, its my insecurity, I wanna feel protected by the guy. but after getting to know him and spending time with him, I fell hard. man I was crazy about him. and I didn't care about the height anymore. id sacrifice wearing heels and would wear flat shoes the rest of my life for him. but unfortunately, he wasn't into me at all he only saw me as a friend and yea broke my heart. I still think of him. but he was a jerk and rejected me. =/

so if your personality is good and you are confident and can connect with a girl, any physical attribute that's a weakness will be outshined.

• I would if he's outgoing, confident and cute.

What Guys Said 4

• Women are shallow about height.

• Guys can be too. Have you seen some of the answers on this site? lol

• Most guys aren't so shallow about height, but yes, guys are shallow about other things and it makes me just as frustrated :\

• I feel most girls would put A...as long as the guy is around her height or taller, that is all that she usually requires.

• I'm 5 foot 7 unfortunately

• questions like this make me feel good about being 6'4". thanks man.