What do you think beauty really is?

There are people who look pretty, but somehow 'beautiful' is not the exact word to describe them. Then, there are those who are average-looking; ugly even, to some people, but still sometimes they seem really beautiful. What makes a person beautiful really? What beauty is do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• A common phrase used is, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." The simplest way to to look at this is to say that beauty is a different thing to different people.

During the Victorian Era, plump women were thought to be beautiful. This was mostly because a plump women was a healthy one. Today, healthy women are physically fit women and if you look to any fashion magazine that's most likely what you would see.

Artistic expression is, I feel, about taking an emotion and creating a picture of it. Some paintings will move someone, touch that person on the inside as the image resonates with them. They will gasp and wonder at it's beauty. The same picture may be a splash of color on canvas to someone else and have no meaning.

I feel that true beauty is something that comes from within and somehow can reach into others and touch them in a way that can't be easily seen or understood. So often media will plaster images of people that express sexuality instead of beauty. I feel that people can confuse beauty with the sexual nature of humans. That in turn can make people look at themselves to see if they look just a sexual as the media portrays people and think that it's beauty they are trying to find. To me beauty is something that I don't see with my eyes, but perceive with my soul. It's something that can be just as elusive as true love. It can be a fleeting moment that catches you off guard or a picture that speaks to you on a spiritual level. I feel beauty will always be different for different people but at it's very core beauty can only be something that resonates with you as a person.

What Guys Said 11

• Beauty is an enriched life. To me, it's about being connected within your body, financial, and social regard. An overabundance of one does not balance a lack of the other. And each one has it's subcategories, an example being that body encompasses both the mind and the health of the body as a whole, etc. When one has an enriched life, they are a beautiful person on the inside which reflects on the outside.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Beauty is a person who is Kind, Compassionate, Loving, Giving and a person who is down to earth and just human! And isn't afraid to show it.

Everyone has good qualities. I can guarantee you. There is no such thing as evil, just wrong decisions.

A person who will give, expecting nothing in return.

I reckon that a person who is themselves, who is different is beautiful. Because different is beautiful.

A person who isn't defined by what others think of them.

Love, is beautiful. And it is something we should never take for granted.

• Gentleness, kindness, compassion, and sweetness really shine through and make people beautiful.

• Imo true beauty is as much internal (good health, confidence and comfort in oneself, as well as in her femininity)

as it is external (fashion, hair and makeup styles, hygiene, etc.).

• Beauty is what's on the inside!

• id say true beauty comes from a persons actions and personal choices they make, whether it being selfless or kind, charismatic etc. superficial beauty is just what you look like on the outside

• It can't be defined I have read on the internet. It's whatever someone thinks it is. Just like something neat or not is someone's opinion.

• beauty is what you feel inside and reflection of it to the outside

• A healthy spirit shines through beauty.

• What makes a person beautiful is how he/she is perceived on first impression that's why physical appearance is really important.

• big boobs, a small waist and a big butt. now that's a thing of beauty.

What Girls Said 6

• I always say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. People have different ideas of what beauty is. Some people think beauty comes from within, some people believe it's their physical appearance. But even that varies because some people like fat people, others like slim people, some people like people with brown hair, some like people with blond hair etc. Some people like sensitive, caring, kind people, some like tough, emotionless people. The list goes on and more importantly, it's completely different per person. Beauty is completely subjective to the person so I, for one, couldn't possibly tell you what makes a person beautiful; I could only tell you who I find beautiful in MY opinion.

• Your description basically says personality is key, and I think personality makes 50% of beauty. The other 50% is your looks.

• Someone who loves God with all of their heart<3

• beauty is knowing who you are and being that

• ive met some people who at first I did not think they were good looking but after getting to know them I felt they were the most beautiful people ever, girls especially.

beauty comes from the inside. its sharing, being kind, spreading love and being a good person.

• Beauty is on the inside.