I cannot interact with people and I never go out

I am 23, and I am always sitting at home because I don't know where to go out to even when I want to. I have no friends so that's one reason, and it would probably look weird if I am roaming alone for my own entertainment like the mall, etc. I have been quiet and shy since childhood and still am. Because I am used to it, I don't like to interact with anyone anymore. The only places I go is with my mom, and the only thing people/ strangers end up doing is to look/stare at me at me a lot. I don't know what do with my life. Everything is just boring.

Most Helpful Guy

• If everything is boring, its because you aren't challenging yourself enough. This could be due to the fact you are either some incredible intellectual mind that is caged by society, or you're just plain lazy.

No offense, but I'm siding with the latter. People come and go. Circumstances change. You are the only constant in your life, and if you can't muster up the willpower to make the most of what you are, then you're just incredibly lazy. Yes, that's nobody else's fault but yours.

How about setting goals and achieving them? How about taking proper risks to add life experience under your belt? Break this routine you have that's so "boring" by improving yourself as a person. If you're missing that ambition, then get used to being bored.

This all plays into having friends and finding love. For every action there's a reaction. You don't get that reaction by sitting on your hands. Are you working? Start by getting a job.

• Your advice just makes me more frustrated with my life.

• My advice is get a job.

What Guys Said 5

• You sound a lot like me, a lot. I am also 23, I do have a few close friends but I rarely see them. I only hang out when they invite me and even then I bail sometimes. I definitely feel like I do miss out on things a lot, things like movies I'd like to see, I know it's not a big deal, but for whatever reason I cannot bring myself to ask a friend to see a movie with me. I am getting better though. It's really up to you, you have to make a choice. It may seem uncomfortable and very out of your element but you need to make an effort to get out more. It's almost like quitting smoking I think (I don't smoke) where you have to get to a point where you see two roads you can take. One is to continue sitting alone and not have much social or romantic interaction the rest of your life. The other is to get out of your shell and take steps to becoming more social.

• I used to be the same way, but then one day I got tired of sitting home alone while others were out dicovering the joys of love. Now, as soon as I get home from work, I eat a large can of baked beans and then head for the park near my house. I look for young lovers embracing on one of the park benches, and then sneak in behiind them and start farting like a sick cow. They always run off, but sometimes they'll even gag or vomit.

• I suppose this is before you turned 57?

• Been doin it for years. Check it out.

• Life is boring on your own. I know that feel. You're gonna have to push yourself out of your comfort zone if you want to have a fun time. Go join clubs or classes (eg. zumba or aerobics if you're a health nut) and make a couple of friends. A little tip for you though: as a girl, having other female friends can be a bane. This is what I've heard from other female friends. If you think you can't handle the bitchiness, gossip etc., try making male friends first.

• You should move out of your comfort zone and go speak to people. Life's boring because you don't have friends.

• unless you go out and look you won't find things that interest you and the only way to do that is go out look stupid and have fun :)

What Girls Said 2

• Join a social group, everyone will be there for the same reasons and feel just as awkward and you can laugh about it together.

• Welcome to the club! I hardly interact with people I know ie co-workers, old friends and family.

My advice would be that you have to open up your mind, get out more, join activities or clubs around your area you know do something fun and enjoy yourself.