How do you spot high maintenance girls?

I ask this because I'm afraid I come off as high maintenance ( which I'm actually not) due to how I dress... My style is a lot like hers link Would you base your opinion just on her style or do you look at other factors? Are you less likely to approach those kind of girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some of her makeup may look high "maintenance" but we all know some girls just really like makeup. If a girl goes all out on makeup for a fancy occasion nobody is going to say high maintenance to that. See what I mean?

Being high maintenance can be considered different from guy to guy. Some guys can call a jeans and t-shirt girl high maintenance just for seeming clingy. High maintenance just tends to be linked to style of clothing because if she spends a lot of money on clothes, the natural assumption is that she will want her boyfriend to spend a lot of money on her.

What Guys Said 15

• As the other guys said, if the girl turns up to a picnic or baseball game with perfect hair, perfect nails, perfect make-up, etc., she's probably high-maintenance. An over-abundance of attention being given to fashion and appearance is a warning sign.

Still, you really have to get to know a girl a little to know for sure. Such women tend to be needy, jealous, and very self-centered, and can't live without lots of attention.

• I must admit, with this look you could come off as "high maintenance" and there are guys who would certainly be intimidated, but there are some who wouldn't. So my advice... Don't change your style that you like,if you considered it. There will always be other people. But maybe you could give us an advice on how to spot a girl who really isn't high maintenance, but just looks that way... :)

• Off first impressions, I typically think those types of girls are high maintenance. They just scream it. I wouldn't be able to know for sure until I talk to her though and get to know her on some deeper level.

Let's put it another way: high maintenance is an personality/attitude but it's correlated to style. If we can't see the attitude then we base our decisions on the style. If you don't want to be thought of as high maintenance, then you have to make sure your low maintenance personality speaks louder than your style.

• With a girl like this I would think she probably has a wealthy family, or maybe he is young and wealthy on her own although not likely, and I'd think I may not be on her level economically. I try not to take peoples appearance too seriously, but logically it makes sense to me. Yeah if a girl is very serious about her style and appearance I'd question if she would be a good match for me but that is just an initial thought which I try not to take seriously. I don't care if a girl is high maintenance really.

• I wouldn't say you were high maintenance, but maybe you might come across as a little to picky, which would keep men at bay also,x

• you like to feel and be pretty nothing wrong with that. but yes I would be intimidated to approach you mainly cause you are too "hot" to accept me and you are too "hard" to please cause you will require a lot of money.

that's my impression.

any way don't change yourself for any one change yourself only if you feel like it. and you will find some great guy who has the nerves to come talk to you and ask you out.

• Designer jeans. Expensive tops. Wearing lots of shiny things. Gem covered cell phone. Obnoxiously perfect hair. Flawless teeth. Exorbitant amount of make up. All of those things are neither cheap nor quick. They all spell maintenance, and lots of it. Also, any use or label of the word "princess" is a dead giveaway.

• Your style doesn't do anything for me. Just not my type. Screams white chick, but not necessarily high maintenance.

I think a girl's behavior is more indicative of high maintenance than anything else.

• -Wear jewelry

-Dress really nice

-Make up every day

-Hair always styled

-Type of sunglasses

She doesn't look too high maintenance.

Don't worry about it too much. Most guys avoid HM girls but some of us try not to judge girls based on how they dress.

I used to, but its never a good thing.

• How a person behaves around others and how they hold themselves is what usually speaks to me of high maintenance. I think that if you like the way you look you will be more comfortable with yourself and will less likely come off as high maintenance.

• i don't think style has anything to do with somebodies behavior . as long as you aren't super clingy and need constant reassurance and you didn't hurt my wallet id date you

• id talk to her, I like feminine women

• I base this off of conversation. The more they talk about themselves and what they will receive the more maintenance they are. Style has nothing to do with it really; I've met some very ugly, stanky high maintenance people in my life.

• Usually, it's about her behavior in public that makes her high maintenance.

• Clothing can be an indicator, but I look more to things like makeup, hair and nails.

It all comes down to a girl's personality, attitude and priorities. You really can't know whether or not a girl is high maintenance until you get to know her.

What Girls Said 5

• Well I'm a chick but , if I was a guy id say no your style doesn't come off as high maintenance, to me high maintenace style is like a girl that shows up to something as simple as a family picinic, in a pair of christian louboutin heels, and a louis vuitton , but I don't really think guys mind high maintenance girls as long as their not the ones suffering from your need to keep your personal apperance on the celebrity look status. speaking from personal experience ,think of when you go out to the club, guys are always going to approach the girl that's all dolled up and looking glamourous instead of the girl that looks like she threw on her mothers church clothes for the club because men are visual creatures.

• If you're in fashion and your clothes look expensive, plus your hair and make up is perfect, then you probably come off as high maintenance. It isn't fair but it's true.

• hmmm I do dress up like that on most days except weekends...

• I strive for the hm look. Since when did taking care of your appearance be a bad thing?I think hm girls look prettier than girls who aren't and they attract better guys, well at least guys I find most attractive

• Expensive clothes no matter where she goes even its a trip to the city dump.