Looking for a good book...What do you recommend?

I'm looking for a good book to read, I'm a bit of a book worm and I'm running out of ideas of what to read.

What are you reading? What do you recommend?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my comments section, I'll list a long list of books. Most of these are books I've read in the last year or so. Some of them are just favourites of mine. I hope you can find something interesting out of this mix. I'm sorry I can't just post it in my main answer, but unfortunately the site is being glitchy and not allowing me to post it all at once.

• Doctor Who - by Dave Gibbons link

Fullmetal Alchemist - by Hiromu Arakawa link

Mega Man: Let The Games Begin - by Ian Flynn link

• Your the first person I know that's read Neil Gaiman work! What did you think of Sandman? Wasn't it brilliant?! and the art work was superb too!

• Yeah, I read through all of The Sandman. It was quite something yeah. Breezed through it in the span of a week. It's pretty great stuff. Though it's got so much going on, it's kinda hard to summarize, or even explain why it's great. Especially since Dream/Sandman is not always the central character.

What Guys Said 7

• - Post Office by Charles Bukowski

- People of the Abiss by Jack London

- Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good by Corey Taylor

- Black Coffee Blues by Henry Rollins

• 1984

Geisha

IT (Stephen King)

Dune

Les fourmis (french book by Bernard Werber - don't know if it exists outside of France, though)

Any book by Tahar Ben Jelloun

The vampire Chronicle by Anne Rice (starting with Interview with the Vampire)

well, these are my last good books (and I re read 1984 regularly)

I hope you'll like them :-)

• The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

• The Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook.

• Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Kiyosaki

The Happiness Trap by Dr. Russ Harris

• what genres are you into? I'm mostly into biographies. there is one by andre Agassi called "open". its amazing, well written, easy to read and fun.

• I don't read many biographies I'm sorry to say. I've read biographies by Slash, Marilyn Manson, Russell Howard and Lewis Hamelton. But I don't really want to delve any further into the biography world. But thank you for the suggestion :)

• If you like horror, read The Hellbound Heart. It's the novella that the movie Hellraiser is based on.

• I really like that movie, didn't realize it was based on a book. Will look into that one, thank you :D

What Girls Said 9

• I'm a giant book worm, here's a few for you that I really enjoyed :)

- Tiger's curse series (Tiger's curse, Tiger's quest, Tiger's voyage)

- Gone series (By michael Grant)

-A lot of books by Christopher Pike are good

- Wicked Lovely series (By Melissa Marr)

- Alice in Zombieland (it's a series, I forget the author though)

- The Immortals series by Alyson Noel

- Hush, Hush series (Becca Fitzpatrick)

- Strange Angels series

- Angel Fire series (warning you though, the last book kinda sucks)

Those are just a few that I can think of off hand, and they're mainly supernatural like with some romance but that's just because it's the kind of books I'm into. If you try some of these books, I hope you enjoy them! :)

• I loved the wicked lovely, Immortals and Hush, Hush series! Nice to meet another fan :3 thanks for the other suggestions, I will look at them :D

• Same here! :D Oh, I don't know if you know this, but Melissa Marr is writing Desert Tales (another Faerie series, it was originally just published as a manga) I can't tell you off hand about when but she's apparently working on it now and it'll be out sometime this year I think :)

And another series is well, I guess all three I know from Maria Snyder (Poison study, magic study, and fire study; The glass series; and inside out and outside in which actually could be the other way around XD)

• Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. It's yet another vampire love story, but it's very witty. The main character is very impulsive and has tons of hilarious moments/lines. I should warn you though, there are one or two sex scenes.

• I bought it today online! Thanks for the suggestion, I can't wait for it to arrive, it looked really good :D

• The Book of Story Beginnings-Kristin Kladstrup -yeah, it's a book for younger people but it's a really good book

Tiger, Tiger-Lynne Reid Banks-if you like court stories about ancient Rome, go for this

Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman-Robert K. Massie-awesome! :o

There is also this book about this British teen who goes to the doctor and gets an incredible surprise that leads to dangerous chases, an equally dangerous and beautiful hacker, and Spain.

• The hate list.very tragic, moving book. Certainly must read.

• 1984 Atonement Spud series City of bones Equinox

• Tuesday with morrie

• read Chantel's Quest for the enchanted medallion by Oliver Neubert it a good book

• 1984

• Read that and yes it was utterly brilliant! So much so I've re-read it a few times haha thanks for the suggestion though

• Eragon