Why I regained my height??

Man that's TOTALLY unfair. Today I slept 6 hours in a row,after about 2-3 weeks where I slept only 2 hours in the day,and 2 hours in the night,and when I woke up,i had a strange feeling that I was taller...so I decided to measure up. And yes it was true..i'm back at 5'8",from 5'7" where I managed to get with a bit slouching and bad sleep. OK I know I overslept because I was tired...and why so unfair? I'm drinking 2-3 glasses of greek ice coffee per day,1-2 red bulls,eating lots of crisps,adding lot of salt on my food,etc plus I don't excercise,in other words I lead an unhealthy life,and I cannot eat healthy because I've got a fear,that even worse I might end up a 5'9" giant if I do,because I heard that men grow till 25.and I'm 22 ...and now,i'm back at the point where I've started. It's like God saying "whatever you do,your height will be the same,and I don't give a damn.". I feel so disappointed after all these tries,and sometimes I feel,i must give up thinking about women,because of my ultra-tall structure. And I say ultra-tall because average women in my country are only 5'4",which means 4 whole inches below me. But the thing that gets me on my nerves particularly,is that there are guys who are a couple of inches shorter than me. I wanna beat one of'em,and every time I see one of them,i curse him to rot in hell! I cannot stand the fact that this bastard can be shorter than me,just like that without trying...why HIM and not ME? TOTALLY UNFAIR!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you measured yourself alittle after you just woke up then you were most likely taller than when you normally are because when you are asleep gravity isn't pushing down on your head to make you (barely) shorter. It is pushing down on your body, in some ways elongating it, but just barely. So when you wake up you are alittle taller than you are throughout the rest of the day. So if that is the case then do not worry you are not a freak. But if you are 5'8'' continuosly throughout the day then it might just have been a tiny growth spirt. Everyone is different.

Hope this helped :)

• Thank you from your answer. I just measured myself now,and I'm 5'7.5" (171 in cm,because my measure is in cm) as I am through the day Yeah I know that when you wake up you are taller,but I was worried,because the last few weeks because I was sleeping less,and not normally, I was 5'7.5" WHEN I WAS WAKING UP,and during the day I might drop to 5'7". Also one of these days,i managed to even drop from 5'7",pushing towards 5'6.5"!

• It depends on the state I guess. I think that Americans who are closer to Mexico or those who live in Hawaii,are shorter than those who are closer to Canada

• Yeah true. Plus genes play a role too :p

What Girls Said 3

• You 'regained your height' not in actual height, but because after you slept you got more energy and so your posture just improved, making you stand a little straighter/taller, giving you more 'height'.

• Is this real life?

• um what?

What Guys Said 2

• "But the thing that gets me on my nerves particularly,is that there are guys who are a couple of inches shorter than me. I wanna beat one of'em,and every time I see one of them,i curse him to rot in hell!"

literally lol'd

• What's so funny about it? It's a pain in the ass to see someone,that has something that you are striving for,WITHOUT EVEN TRYING IT. So he MUSTN'T earn any respect..he would earn respect ONLY if he would try hard about it,just like the people who lost weight who tried hard to be what they are now. But height isn't such an easy thing as weight unfortunately...so the only thing those guys deserve is A PUNCH ON THEIR FACES!

• hahaha btw,let me tell you a real event,that took place aboout some weeks ago. truth is that sometimes I laugh with myself,but other times it's getting me on my nerves. I was in a queue in order to take some sandwich and coffee,and when it was my turn,and I paid for my food,when I turned back,can you imagine what I saw? I saw a curvy girl around my height along with a thin guy who was only 5'3"-5'4"...my eyes really popped-out and I was thinking "no! I cannot believe it's true!"

• I stood still for a couple of seconds,with my mouth wide open. Even the girl asked me "is something wrong?" and after a moment when I came to my senses I responded "what? oh,nothing,excuse me!" and I left eating my sandwich and gulping my coffee in less than a minute...i was in a fury,and I couldn't believe what I saw. Both were teens around 16-17. I hope that the boy will grow taller about half foot,so he won't enjoy short structure anymore...hehehe

• Seems like genetics.