Why are black men looked down on?

I like black guys, and I've noticed that majority of people I tell thy to assume black men are unemployed, players and are unloyal. What makes people think that? Why does society automatically assume this stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• there are stereotypes in every racial group. some black men fit this crude generalization, while there are just as many that couldn't be farther from that.

although, I'm not fully black, I grew up in the "ghetto". so I saw the type of guys that you are referring to on a day to day basis. I went to school with these guys. it seems to me they understand the stereotypes overshadowing black men and conform to it. it's sad in my opinion.

What Guys Said 7

• Media, stereotypes, history, etc etc.

Its a combo of those things but usually its immaturity and ignorance that keeps that image around within society.

Hopefully in the next 30 years, racial stereotypes will become a thing of the past.

• I think it's because people tend to hate things they don't understand or they are incredible insecure so they turn to stereotypes.

• I believe its because of how tv portrays them and how history portrays them your right its wrong.

• The media

• COlor.

• history & the news

oh and whhhheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllstar

• what? so somebody thinks werlstar portrays blacks in a positive way?

• I remember the black guys that most white girls went for in high school, so it's an assumption based on prior observations. It's the typical going for the "bad boy" kind of thing, and who is above them in that category right now? It's not particularly as bad thing for them because it's getting them plenty of female attention. They are the "it" males right now, so should be thanking social conditioning.

What Girls Said 2

• I hate when I hear that. I always turn on my argue mode and I'm ready to argue with that person for hours if needed. It's not only African Americans who are like that, it's every damn ethnicity, which of course contains the good and the bad. I personally enjoy their company and crush on African Americans... Can you blame me? They're attractive. And don't get me started on half Asian half black because they are very handsome.

• I don't know but it's stupid to think those stereotypes.