How do I feel like I'm good enough for my boyfriend?

Basically I met this great guy he's really the best man I could ever have asked to meet. he's very good looking...funny...sweet and kind. Ik I have a good personality but I'm not good looking...average at best and plus size which then makes me not even average. How can I feel good enough..?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he chose to go out with you then you must be good enough to him, and remember, looks aren't everything! you could be the most beautiful person in the world but if you don't have likable qualities what would people be interested in? You or your appearance? Give yourself credit!

You two found each other and are happy, don't let your imperfections stop you from having a great relationship!

What Guys Said 4

• Wait, you just met this dude and you're already calling him your boyfriend? Or did you two really make it official? If yes, then honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that he's accepted you as his girlfriend means he likes you for who you already are. What you can do, however, is maintain a healthy lifestyle that way you'll feel good about yourself, which in turn will make you feel better about being this guy's girlfriend.

• No we date for a few months and became offical a few days ago.

• He chose you for a reason. Someone as awesome as you say he is must have awesome taste in women as well.

• Simply have more self-esteem.

• Well, just accept the fact that he chose you. Maybe on some level you're not accepting reality, preferring to believe it's too good to be true. I think you're being hard on yourself.

That said, no one's perfect. I'm not perfect. You're not perfect. Even your boyfriend's not perfect. I think self-improvement is a good thing. If you want to improve yourself, go for it. You shouldn't hate yourself though. You should value the aspects of you that are good and feel committed to improving the aspects that are less good. For example, every day, I learn something new. So, even if I don't achieve anything else, I've still improved myself in that one little way. Some people will tell you to never change for anyone else. I however think it's good to want to please the people in your life you genuinely value. But yes a large part of it has to be doing it for yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• He probably wouldn't have started dating you if he didn't find you attractive to some degree so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Looks take you as far as getting your foot through the door (and you've already done that). You won't lose him from your looks unless you start letting yourself go. The key to keeping him happy in the long run is your personality so just focus on your awesome personality. There are lots of girls with horrible personalities. Also, don't worry so much about being "good enough" for him, that's a good way to ignore your own needs. Just worry about being a good match for each other.

• You take him off a pedestal and stop making him out to be better than he is. Don't idolise anyone!

• I think you are being a little to hard on yourself. You are Magnifying your bad qualities. Sure you may be plus size but who cares? you probably look hot. And obviously your boyfriend thought so too... when he said "I like you"