Am I the only one that is angry at the madness that photoshop has started?

damn! now a days everybody online looks perfect. thanks to photoshop.

is like I find it aggravating when I go through fb and other sites that involves pictures. I'm sick of seeing all these chicks with exaggerated waist, boobs, curves, etc.

and if its not those that I mentioned above. they either make themselves look thinner and all. like one day I was talking to some chick, I peeped her profile pics and she looked really slim and beautiful, yet as I had conversations with her I notice something really odd about her confidence. despite she looked really slim and sexy in her pics, at least 90 out of 100 of our conversations was about her complaining how guys don't pay attention to her cause of how overweight she is. now dontt you see something suspicious here?

and I have to say the opposite has happened also. I once came across in fb some really glamourous chick in my town that I must admit that I fantasize about here like 4-6 nights a week for a few. she was like a mixture of sofia vergara and trish stratus. till all of the sudden I bump into her one night in some club and boy did I felt a major deception. she was as skinny as a fence and the only thing that was big, round and curvy on her was her forehead!

and lets not forget the other people who don't even know how to use photoshop properly. they photoshop their pictures and results them nothing but failure. yea I seen some people photoshop their pics where they enlarge one of their hands wider than the other and always forget to work of the glare left behind by the shrinking and enlarging effects.

anyways, these are the reasons why I hate photoshop and sometimes wish it could disappear. I mean I miss those day before photoshop when people had to work hard to look so good in a picture, not to mention how naturally people looked. today thanks to photoshop every body looks "good" or fake in their pics as they use photoshop to cheat themselves.

but what about you? are you annoyed at photoshop? did you had similar experiences to mines thanks to photoshop?

Most Helpful Guy

• Really? I love it. At least for Facebook.

See, most of the things they retouch themselves to is something I'm not attracted to anyway. I'm not attracted to artificial and not all that attracted to "well endowed". Fake blond tends to turn me away as well.

Therefore, if a girl is retouching her photos to make her boobs bigger and hair blonder, I can usually spot the photoshopping, and that tells me enough about her personality to know not to date her.

Befriend? Sure why not. But if you're photoshopping your body into a different shape, that's a big red flag.

• I need to photoshop some muscles on me then work out really quick before I meet the woman who has been decieved by my pictures.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 13

• i rekon photoshop is pretty stupid too, unless its to fix things such as red eye or add cool effects like black and white etc. changing features of the pic itself tho is just strange-.- from my own experience, iv been quite frustrated with the way photoshop has made young girls believe that women need to be perfect in every way, and if they fall anywhere out of that theyre failures. my little sis always thought lowly of herself so I decided to show her a clip about what's really happening behind the scenes. people in mags look like they were born without pores for Petes sake! once she saw that she was quite taken aback and I'm glad to say she doesn't feel so bad bout herself. I say humans are humans, flaws and all and that should be captured=]

• I hate it too it's like what's the point in lieing? it only shows how insecure they are with their own bodies but it doesn't help when the media are constantly pushing them to look thin and "pretty" I wish they would stop listening to them. As another girl who doesn't do this because I know how people appreciate it when they find a real person (and as do i), it is really hard for me to make friends or get on with other girls because they as so vicious and angry at themselves for a reason that I can't even see, I think they look completely fine and in college once I was in the changing rooms I used to go in for catering and this girl kept looking herself in the mirror and kept moaning to her friend with a glum look that she is fat. I can honestly say she was just imagining things because she was at a really good and healthy weight, she was just comparing herself to other girls and listening to what the other girls say who act really vicious and they just pretty much bully each other, it's terrible. Sometimes people whisper snide remarks to each other in their groups when I go up the stairs to class just because I'm over weight but I honestly don't care as they don't know that I just don't have the right people in my life or the money to lose any weight, I mean id like to but not for others but for me, to be healthy and just have more energy but they just assume I eat a million pies in one day, terrible attitude from people these days. The guys are not as bad but they can do it too if they are really immature, especially when they are with their friends they sometimes take the piss and go "your so sexy" when they walk past or just stand there at a distance saying "hey why don't you bang her?" and the one asked says "no she's f***ing fat" tut... no wonder why these girls are the way they are, poor people, best thing is show them some kindness, I know it's deceiving but try not to write them off right away as they are put under so much pressure these days, I feel so sad every time I see a girl or a guy put down in this way.

• true. but then again, as you stated, them disguising themselves is not helping them out

• I can't use Photoshop but I do however use other forms of editing but never for my body. I'm happy with my body but I do struggle sometimes with spots (I get them easily when I stress) and often they seem to be really exaggerated in pictures! Pictures tend to just highlight my face in a unflattering way and I kind of blame my old camera. Whenever my friends take pictures with their camera's I look fine and feel happy with how I look but whenever I take pictures with my cam I just think eeewww. So yes, I do some touching up but I'm not living a complete lie. In real life I can tell my skin looks decent and I'm working really hard to improve my skin in general. I think people with good skin will not understand the kind of pressure there is on the rest of us who struggle with hormonal or stress problems.

• I only use photoshop to correct the colors in a picture and maybe to tinker a bit with the exposure (or to draw, but that's not the point). That's it. Never really understood the point in making your boobs bigger or legs thinner. I mean, people will definitely notice it's photoshopped anyway, especially if they know you in real life. It's embarrassing.

However, I'm not annoyed. Whenever I notice someone's bad photoshop edit, I just laugh. I find it hilarious that they're being completely serious about having giant breasts and misshaped doors/walls/etc in the background. I mean, you'd have to be blind or incredibly stupid to not notice any mistakes like that. Makes me realize how shallow some people are, and to not socialize with them in the future.

• Photoshop is really that common? I only upload profile pics and do nothing to them but they will always be one of those rare photos where I kinda look alright. When I'm interacting with people I pull mad faces and these are the photos people tag me in on FB. Really if you went through my photos you'd think I was pretty ugly.

I could see myself changing the exposure on a photo if I really cared but changing my body seems ridiculous. Obviously it's not what I look like. Everyone on my FB would know that. I don't even think I have any body photos on my page and it's the only bit of me that always photographs well.

• If you can't get hot chicks in real life and you have to resort to talking to strangers on Facebook, then you get what you deserve. You can't trust the way people look online. If you want to believe the way someone looks, you need to date in person.

• What exactly is photoshop? All I know is that it's some editing software... but does it come on every computer like paint or? o_O

Filters on instagram and what not can be fun though :) That's all I know haha. But changing yourself to look completely different is ridiculous.

• yes that is exactly what it is but it doesn't come with all the computers. you need to install it and I believe is cause like 250$ but you can download the trial version which you can still do anything you want with it. just that it automatically deactivates after I believe thirty days, and to reinstall it you must deeply clean your computer

• I can see tgat you don't need any photoshopping. You are naturally purdy ;)

• Oh wow that's pretty expensive in my opinion :/ Trial version sounds cool, but I'm so bad with technology it's not even funny lol.

And aw thanks wanderer! :)

• I noe a friend who uses photoshop to edit the pics she puts on fb. I went on a holiday with her recently and she tooks ages to upload the pics and when I asked her why, she said "ohh I was photoshopping our pics, my skin looks dull in most of the them" and the worst part... she said it like it was the most normal thing in the world! When did this kind of behavior become normal? It is really quite disturbing.

• I like photoshop but don't use it to enhance my pictures

• but you look super cool in your pic!

• I only use it to take out red eye, or to make a picture funny. I don't use it to actually modify how I look, haha!

So I don't mind it :-)

• I don't really care

• I don't care about it. I don't have the software to Photoshop my pics and don't really want to.I like using filters tho

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, now we can't pay attention to pictures people send Even if it 'really them' and not some model, 'they' don't look anything like their picture, very often.

It's part of an overall culture of deception that technology has brought us. You can't blame peopel when politicans and movie stars are also the producttrs of airbrushing, plastic surgery, lighting effects to make them look younger of more attractive, drugs for hair growth...and so on.

• The days before photoshop there was other image enhancement software. It wasn't well known of course. But since photoshop is so easily accessible and publicly available now lots of people use it.

Yeah it makes the pictures of you look 110 times better than the actual you and quite frankly I think it's a bad idea as it sets up high expectations. If you have a good personality you can flip things around but if the gap between your pics and your real you is too big, then people won't bite.

It's about moderation I reckon.

I personally could make use of it if I was so inclined, because I'm the opposite, I look good in reality and really sh*t on pictures, either it's taken at the wrong moment or it's the lighting or maybe my friends just can't take pics or I don't know something, but they generally look sh*t xDDD

• I have yet to come across more than 2 friends who Photoshops their pics. All the hot girls I know are just as hot in person, or use only go as far as some iphone app with a bunch of skin softeners and glow.

So I don't care. It's only really effected the beauty industry and celebrities, nothing social for me.

• I don't know how to use photoshop. I am jusr naturally breathetaking to women ;)

• I love photoshop. Otherwise I couldn't do cool drawings like this: link

• cool. but that is acceptable. what outrages me is that people actually use it to cheat themselves and make themselves look like something they are not to the public. resulting nothing but deception in the end