Am I REALLY overweight? How much?

Okay, so I am five five, and one hundred and fifty six pounds. (It fluctuates two lbs up and down often). Is this terribly unhealthy? And how much is it possible to lose by the end of the summer? I don't care so much about the number as much as how my body looks. I have smallish love handles, and a bit of a tummy. I have double d boobs too, so it looks like I am even BIGGER because of the slouching. I am willing to work out daily, preferably with things I can do without machines- I don't have time to run an hour on the treadmill! Each week I go to my cousins house with my entire family for a meal so that's at least one meal a week I would have to be bad with because they won't cater for an entire family for just one person. I don't feel fat, I'm a size ten. I just don't feel gorgeous, and I don't want that to get in the way of my future life opportunities.

My questions are: Am I terribly unhealthy, what's a realistic goal and timeframe, and what are some methods to get there. Added tips do help :)

I want to add that I am not a lazy individual, for the most part I was in cheer until two years ago when financial situations prevented me from being able to continue it, and I went from one thirty lbs up. So I AM willing to get off my butt for results.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really overweight, it's a bit overweight but not much.

If you want to lose weight, there are several approaches, you need to find one that fits to you. Particulary for exercise, there are great YouTube channels, but you really have to find something you like. Try intervals though, they help a bit with fat loss.

As for diet, simply eat healthier and eat less, if you find it hard to get a start there though, do some reading. I like this article link it kind of sums up the diets of several supermodels and I somehow find that very motivating.

I did the paleo diet for while and it was pretty good, but too hard for me to stick to in the long run. If you want to try the Jesus diet though, it's kinda a soft version of the paelo diet link

What Guys Said 7

• As the other person said your BMI falls under "Overweight" however at about 145 you'd fall into a "normal" category for BMI. As for improving I mean I used to be skinny but couldn't do any exercise. I started off running and it's gotten me pretty far. Just run as far as you feel you can push yourself and just try to continually improve pace and distance. You'll improve over time no problem.

The only thing though is I've found running on a treadmill never really helped me. I just never felt an improvement and running outdoors helped my motivation a lot more.

• it's pretty unhealthy, and you should deal with it while you are still young. It gets harder and harder as you get older. ANd it tends to get worse if you don't work on making it better!

Working out is great, but the solution lies in your diet, not in working out. If you eat too much, you will just gain more weight..sure it will be mostly muscle, but stilll.

..if you can't stand counting calories, sign up with one of the organizations like Weight Watchers that does it for you, as well as giving you emotional support and feedback while you're losing weight.

Working out becomes a lot more fun once you're smaller, by the way!

• When people ask me how to be healthy I say focus on your heart first. To do that when starting out get your heart rate up to about 145-150 for at least 20 min a day and eat healthy. This will probably help lose weight. "eating healthy could be a whole other post"

My honest opinion, you sound pretty hot unless someone is looking for a little stick figure.

• You say you are 165 which most likely over weight. You should look up a BMI calculator and see if you will be in the right range at say 155 andif not put 145 into the calculator. Eventually you'll find the right weight for your height.

Being over weight has many negative effects. Making us unattractive is only one. The negative health effects are worse.

• In medical terms and Body Mass Index you are over weight. But this is what medical practitioners and common people understand. If you find yourself fit for everyday activities and do not feel tired at the end of the day - you need not to worry. Some extra pounds helps fight infections and common illness problems.

• You don't need to stare at charts that guess based on weight.

You have love handles. You know you don't want them.

I'm not sure if you are asking 'am I VERY overweight' or 'is it true that I'm overweight'.

You are really a little bit overweight.

• your weight seems normal and not a problem at all.

What Girls Said 1

• Your bmi is 26. It falls under being over weight. But if it were 24 you'd be normal. Look up bmi calculators on google or charts whatever you prefer.