Anyone know of any way to get rid of freckles or reduce the look of them?

I don't have freckles all over my body, only on my face but they always get worse during the summer when I'm outside a lot. Mainly on my forehead, nose, and cheekbones. I don't like the look of them, is there any way to get rid of my freckles and even out my skintone? Or am I just stuck with it?

0|1
11|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear... I personally think... Freckles are the cutest thing ever. I really, really have a big thing for them. If I had some, I'd look at the mirror everyday and think "Damn... My skin looks delicious...". I wouldn't even wear much makeup so I don't cover them.

I think you really should feel lucky...

But well, if you don't like them, you could try clarifying them with any skin clarifying cream. Or rub lemon juice, milk or chamomile tea on the affected area for about 30 minutes, over and over(DO NOT. GO UNDER THE SUN. BEFORE CAREFULLY CLEANING YOUR SKIN.). But those are homemade treatments. You should ask a dermatologist...

But that's a shame. A skin with freckles is like... a skin with spice. ^^

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• WHY? freckles are cute!

Be happy that your different.

1|3
    0|0
    • Well...I had no idea guys noticed or cared about such things. Lol but okay.

• Whoa, don't get rid of your freckles. (Personally I think they're hot and unique on girls.)

2|1
    0|0
  • Would sunscreen with a higher SPF keep them from showing? But honestly, find something else to worry about.

1|0
    0|0
  • I took a look at your profile pic, and I didn't see any freckles. but everybody has freckles somewhere, or at least I think almost everyone does. besides who cares, it's something that shouldn't be changed or worried about.

1|0
    0|0
    • They're hard to see in pictures but in person you can tell. I just think it makes my complexion look bad.

• I don't think so, It's been a long time since I have seen anybody with a lot of freckles, but I did just go to Google to search girls with freckles, of course some models came up but there were normal girls there too, and They are not ugly, the only reason I would do anything to them is if they are really bad in terms of attracting the sun too much and growing and getting cancerous or something then I might seek help, but if not, that is who you are, I have a big freckle on the end of my big nose

• Yeah, I guess you're right. Okay, thank you!

• Sunscreen every day, reapplied every two hours. If you want to hide them, a full coverage foundation and concealer. A color blending primer wouldn't be a bad idea either.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always thought your freckles looked great. Anywho, isn't there makeup that can help with this? I mean, you're pretty much stuck with the freckles but there should be a way to hide them with makeup

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. I have makeup but I really don't wear it much unless I'm going out somewhere. But I guess I'll just have to use that. Thanks for your answer!

• Freckles don't look bad. They can even look cute :)

2|1
    0|0
  • Why would you want to?

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't know, I just think it makes my skin tone look uneven and they don't look good on me.

• Show All
    • Okay well thanks for your opinion!

• No problem, glad I could help

What Girls Said 10

• You can't get rid of freckles, you can only hide them using make-up but I don't see why you'd want to get rid of them. Freckles look cute and your face doesn't look so plain! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to reduce sun exposure - wear sunscreen with high SPF, perhaps indulge in a big summer hat. Otherwise, wear foundation over them.

1|0
    0|0
  • When my best friend wears concealer she can hide her freckles and they almost disappear. I have a few my cover-up hides also.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apple cider vinegar diluted with water or vitamin C serum (made at home)

1|0
    0|1
  • They say lemmon juice helps to fade them

1|0
    0|1
  • I think they are cute but concealers and foundation should work

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally think freckles are pretty...but there are fading products if it bothers you.

2|0
    0|0
  • Why? Freckles are cool

1|0
    0|0
  • I heard lemon juice works, I never tried it.. because I like my freckles

2|0
    0|1
  • Avoid the sun. There is an old wives' tale that lemon juice on the skin can minimize freckles but I'm not sure if it really works or not.

1|1
    0|0