The power of makeup is shocking

link pause at 2:10 for before of both girls, start at about 3:15 for before and after comparison of the first girl, and start at about 4:40 for the second girl. And at 5:40 they start doing the makeup on the before half of their faces.

It really makes me think twice about a pretty girl. Thoughts?

link consider this for commentary

Most Helpful Girl

• The second link... Omg it looks like she's trying to poke out her eye >_o

3 pairs of fake eyelashes? And I mean the skill to shape and contour like that... It's so much work for a fake result. It's just sad what women will do to please the guys, despite looking fine beforehand...

Maybe those girls could try a little BB cream for the undereye circles, mascara to make the eyes pop, lip gloss and that's it...

What Guys Said 5

• Look I don't mind it at all. I'm all for women enhancing whatever features god gave them. It does make me think twice sometimes too, but if it helps them then good for them. What I don't like about this temporary quick fix is girls who are naturally 5/6's who become more arrogant,pretentious and elitist when that make up gives them that temporary high of being an 8/9. I've seen it especially when going out to events or parties or clubs,bars. A girl who by all accounts is average looking spends a few hours getting ready for a night out and all of a sudden all the guys that they talk to and even flirt with become "beneath" them. I don't like that at all. it is all good being more confident, but that behavior is just unfortunate in so many ways

You should also have a look at Melissa Murphy's work which first got me thinking about these things:

link link

• I agree with you, obviously, but I don't see such a strong connection between makeup and girls getting arrogant. It is all about character. Makeup and self-confidence does not trigger pretentious behavior just out from nothing. Those girls would also get arrogant with success at school, job or any other achievement. And the truth is, they often look up to those of being 8/9 that are usually also arrogant, so 5/6's take up their behavior as well.

• Meh, IMO, the p*rn stars seem to look softer/more "innocent" without the makeup, and more glamorous with the makeup. Nobody naturally has the darkened eyelids that eyeshadow gives, so it's not like they're really transforming in those pics IMO.Kagney Linn Karter and Alana Croft looked so cute smiling in their "before" photos, and Sara Luvv has like no difference.

I enjoyed seeing the slideshow though; Melissa Murphy is quite talented!

• Well, makeup can make a really big difference, obviously. But I don't mind it as long it enhances your beauty and you look fit to the occasion, regardless of quantity (some girls need more paint, some less). Of course I prefer naturally beautiful women, but even these can enhance their beauty with some makeup, right? So why wouldn't they?

However, there are girls, that do need a total makeover to look attractive. If it makes them feel sexy, I see no reason why they shouldn't be using makeup. Most men also look way better with a cool haircut and shaved beard (with aftershave, naturally). That's why we do it, to look better and feel better in our skin, right? So if girl does it with style, I see no problem with it.

A "pretty girl" is therefore a pretty relative term, don't you agree?

• It doesn't bother me when a girl wears make-up, what bothers me is when they cover themselves with it. The girls in the video look fine with it, they used a lot but made it work.

And we've all seen our female friends, girlfriends, etc with and without make up on.

• Yes it is! I wish more girls would paint themselves up.

• Well, it's quite good and since makeup is an art, it's a double attrraction for the person.

What Girls Said 7

• Thoughts? That you're shallow.

• yes makeup can make wonders, I'm a makeup artist myself an I have transformed a lot of people. But I have to say makeup should not be used to transform an Asian to a European like in the video. But I guess they wanted to have a huge contrast between before and after.

• My thoughts are:

A pretty girl is a pretty girl, regardless of whether she's wearing makeup or not

And an ugly girl is still an ugly girl. Regardless of whether or not she's on her high horse about makeup

an artificially pretty girl is still better than an average or ugly ''natural'' girl, especially when taking into account the condescending attitudes average/ugly 'natural' girls often have towards pretty girls

• I think makeup can't change you a lot. if you talk about surgery or wicked stuff then you can't put every pretty girl on that situation.

• well I've never been a fan of it :)

• me neither, well not heavily anyway:) the most I do if its not a formal event is just a touch of bronzer on the cheeks:) I only wear other makeup if its a special occasion or massive event etc...

• aww me too! ^-^ I only wear makeup on occassions, my good friend does it for me and nothing excessive. I'm trying to learn it though :)

• I don't really like it

• They look like clowns. Make up is supposed to enhance your features, not over take your face.

Frankly, they're just better off wearing a mask then put all that 'paint' on their skin