Would a girl that's looking for someone to marry go for a guy even if doesn't have a good job yet?

Bascially, I work at a grocery store pushing carts. But I'm going to college for Computer Science. So I'm far enough along that I can look for a programming job and I am looking for one. But the problem is that nobody is willing to give me a chance.

So would a girl that still want a guy that lives with their parents, but is still looking for good job, but doesn't have one yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how soon she wants to get married. If she's looking for someone who she could see herself married to in like 5 years, then a guy like you would probably fit the bill. But if she's wanting to get married in 2 or 3 years, then she might want to be with someone a little more established.

It also depends on where she is in her life. If she's still in college and working part time as a waitress (a la: me), then she probably won't be looking for an established guy with a career unless she's coming up on the end of her own education. But if she's educated and has her own career, she'll probably be looking for a guy more like herself.

What Girls Said 14

• Sure. The guy I want to marry is an unemployed student still living with his parents.

• ofcourse she would. as long as you getting somewhere in the long term is a plan of urs then definitely. and ull find the chance. I say this to guys all the time. be patient! :)

• depends what kinda girl your looking for there is girls that only like guys for money and there is some that really date for the feeling experience. don't try to over impressed anyone if someone wants to date you they will because of who you are not for what you have and then can help each other at better the life etc etc...

• im one. marriage plans keep getting pushed back because he can't find a job right now. he only doing even security right now

• Yes she would just be confident and let her see that you are one of the guys that are chasing your dreams

• Hmm that's kind of a tough one. It would depend if after the wedding we could move out or not. If we didn't have enough money for a place of our own then I wouldn't marry them until we could.

• That wouldn't bother me. As long as you work, it's good enough for me. I'm not sure about other ladies though.

• Your situation isn't that bad so possibly

• No I wouldn't not in today's time. I am much older than you. If I were your age I might as long as see some potential and that you are trying.

• Most of the time, no

• a job and college? You're on the right track, and that is good.

• If I were looking to settle down,I would prefer one who's already established or at stable. Doesn't have to be the CEO but more than entry level. You'll get to where you want to go and not every girl is husband hunting.by the time most start really wanting to settle down, you'll be in a better position

• yes. I want to marry my boyfriend and he is a uni student.

• Dude, my fiance doesn't have a job period. He's in law school (well, pre-law school) so he'll have a job eventually...like in five years. But I went for him. Heck, I went for him when we were 12 years old. And now look where we are. :)

What Guys Said 6

• First and foremost, you are still young! You have your whole life ahead of you still. Get your degree first, a career, money, in the meantime, go and have fun! Enjoy life. Marriage and children is a big responsibility on its own. Also, do some world travel. That's something you will never regret. Expand your horizons. Life's short.

• I highly doubt it

• if he has a good education and he thinks he has the potential to get a good job in the future

or if she makes enough money herself and her financial security is her own problem and won't rely on you

• I work at a grocery store too but I don't push carts often.. and I'm 15 lol

• a lot of times, no.

• If she likes you for you then yeah. If she cares more about you having a job than you as a person then no