Do girls care about height more than guys do?

I mean when it comes to dating because guys never really seem to care if the girl is short or tall but girls want a taller man and not a shorter man and please don' say anything about fat girls because weight can be managed height is permanent after 21.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl or guy. I think girls who are taller in height are more apt to be more concerned with the height of a guy because there are guys who are shorter than them and most want a taller guy. I think when a girl is at my height (I'm very short) it really doesn't concern me because most likely I wouldn't come across a guy who is actually shorter than I am.

I think guys who are short also feel concerned because their biggest concern seems to be how much value do girls place on height, mainly because if a lot of girls are taller than they are, they feel it more difficult to find a girl who is willing to overlook his height and date him for his character.

What Girls Said 7

• Is that permanent in most cases or all? I grew an inch between 21 and 23 and my mother grew 2 inches at that age. Felt like I won the lottery.

To answer you question I don't know which gender care more but I prefer a guy to be at least a little taller than me. I'm 5'7 and I haven't had a situation yet where I had to make a call based on height. I'm with a guy who has an inch on me at the moment and to be honest it's a little disappointing when we hug or kiss while standing. There's no resting your head on their shoulder and you feel less protected. I don't know how he feels about me being relatively tall. He doesn't like me wearing heels and I've had many male friends tell me that my height is the upper limit.

• 5ft7 girls are sexy I thought girls stopped growing at 18

• Aw thanks. Yeah I thought the same that's why it felt so good to have gained an inch so late. I was doing crazy intense training at the time so maybe it sparked my growth hormones or something.

• I would say so, yes.

That being said, I'd say the majority of girls just want a guy who is taller than them, just as most guys want a girl shorter than them.

• Yup, girls do care about height more than guys. Most girls do not want a guy who is shorter than them (personally for me, its just weird) and also, its a biological thing because tallers guys can keep women "safer" whereas a shorter man wouldn't be able to provide the same level of safety.

I read that in my psychology book freshman year I think. Hopefully I remembered it right and it makes sense.

• Yup most girls do care. I'd like a guy to be taller than me. I don't even like it if me and the guy are the same height but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• yes I do, don't wanna go out with someone who is shorter than me.

• yes the guy has to be taller.

• No I think it evens out in number of people of both genders that care

What Guys Said 9

• It's the guys who are afraid of being laughed at for dating a girl taller than he is. Girls don't mind so much if they are taller than the guy, really. Believe me, I've triied it and I know. Really tall girls don't wanbt to HAVE to be with only the very few really tall guys..they want more choice!

• Height preferences seem to be more cultural then evolutionary. The preference for taller males is more widespread then a preference for female heights - in some cultures, tall women seem to be viewed as beautiful, in others, petite women are seen as desirable.

So I would say yes, male height is more important than female height.

• I'm 6'2" so I guess I'm kind of tall, but from what I have seen they care a lot but all of them have different rules. I tried to date this 5'2" girl and she said it would be awkward since I was so much bigger than her. Late a 5'10" girl who is a friend of mine said I would be too short for the kind of guy she would want.

Yeah, so the only thing my height has helped me with so far is hitting the chandelier when I get up from the dinner table.

• Height differentiation should not stop you from pulling top-notch females. How? By how you carry and assert yourself as a man. Sure, a lot of women do prefer men who are taller than them, but do not let that discourage you or for any man out there that is short. Confidence is the key anyway!

• Oh absolutely...

I think a guy really should be taller than the girl, but not by much (keep it pretty even).

However, I think these couples where the guy is 6'5+ and the girl is barely 5ft look retarded.

• Oh I love being 6''5 :D

• They really care.

• I have found that to be true. Even the five-foot-tall women want to be with a guy who is over six feet tall. Good luck with that...

• Guys who are short, care more about it than anyone else.

Next up, a minority of girls.

After that - virtually no body cares.