How do I not feel self conscious around good looking people at the gym?

I am a guy but whenever I lift weights next to a really attractive girl I just get really nervous and self conscious. How do I not let these girls get in my head, its hurting my work out game!

Most Helpful Guy

• My advice to you, and this fits all aspects of life, is to stop caring about what other people think of you.

Who cares, focus on you and you only. Ironically enough, when I was at my gym today, I used the benchpress after a guy and had to cut the weight in half. A girl was watching me while doing so. Oh well...

Now, on the other hand, if you're trying to impress one of these girls and ask them out, then working out in front of them isn't really a way to go.

I can't really tell you how to stop caring about what others think, its just something you have to do. Most people lose this stage of their lives after graduating high school, but others don't. In your case, while you're at the gym and in your game, ignore everyone else's existence. If you start here, you can slowly learn to do this in other situations as well...

What Girls Said 3

• focus, listen to music and think that you won't ever see them again.

• Focus on your workout. I saw some gd looking guys at my yoga place but I only took a few glimpses that's all, not there to impress any one just focus on my yoga practice s

• Remind yourself that you're there to work out...not pick up girls.

What Guys Said 3

• Some men get self-conscious and I get that myself, I have the same problem. Some women put on make-up before going to the gym.

Yet all of these things are kinda stupid when you think about it. You're at the gym, you're supposed to grimace, sweat and kill every attractive gene in you. The easiest way is simply to think of something else or maybe strike a conversation with people to ease the tension and have fun.

• I think Ron Swanson might be able to provide some helpful advice in this situation.

link

• You got the same problem but for me its GAG. When it's workout time and I have GAG on firefox I get distracted and will lurk in between sets.

I have to take out my internet while I work out.

You gotta go into asexual mode when at the gym.