Guys: Do you consider this immodest?

I'm trying to be modest in dress meaning I don't want to provoke any sexual thoughts. So I have some dresses that hit just above the knee. Is this too short that it would cause sexual thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming from a guy who values modesty, I think you are probably fine. If you lived in a Muslim nation that would be scandalous, but in Western society it is modest, or at least fairly modest. That said, unless you are totally covered or really try to frump it up, some guys will think sexual thoughts when they seen an attractive girl no matter what.

I think the knee length or longer is a good modest length for skirts or dresses. I actually quite like the longer peasant skirts. Don't forget to sit like a lady though ;-)

What Guys Said 2

• just wear jeans or what not...dresses skirts, tight jeans etc...are viewed as sex by guys...basically the more skin you show the more we like it

• I hate to be the one to break this to you, but, even if you dress modestly, you'll still provoke sexual thoughts (assuming of course you're attractive). But yeah, something above the knee would probably increase the number of thoughts, but seriously, who cares? Why do you try to be so modest?

• Cause she wants to dress to feel nice, according to a lot of girls, apparently, lol

What Girls Said 1

• Above the knee is still modest. I've seen plenty of girls wear dresses/skirts that length and they look classy and not sexual. It all depends on how you wear it but to some guys you could be wearing the most unflattering thing in the world and they will be having sexual thoughts about you. Not really something you can control.