Am I too tall to wear high heels?

I am only 5'7 but everybody makes a huge deal about how tall I am. I'm not insecure about my height. I LOVE not being short! but should I stick to flats since everyone around me is shorter ? Would heels make me look grossly tall ?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're proud of your height, why try to blend in with everyone shorter than you? And no, 5'7" is not too tall to be wearing heels. There are plenty of women taller than that who wear heels; I'm around your height and wear them as well. You'll only look "grossly tall" (is that even a thing?) if you come off as not being confident with your height so you try to compensate and slouch down to look shorter. Some of the prettiest women I know are 5'8"+ and carry themselves confidently. Embrace it and wear what you want to wear.

What Guys Said 10

• 5'7" is tall?

Seriously, slap on 4" heels, and you're 5'11". Most men's dress shoes add an inch. Any guy who is 5'10+ would still be taller. Guys who are 6'+ would be several inches above you.

Wear what you like.

• last night I was at a bar and I saw a girl who was probably 6 feet tall or taller and she was wearing heels. I thought she was sexy but I'm 6'2". She was still taller than me with heels though. I was probably one of the only guys in there who thought she was attractive though, just because of her height...

• Yeah like guys don't like tall girls? Plenty of guys like tall girls. What height do you think models are? Tall girls also more likely to have long legs?

You're never too tall to wear heels trust me :)

Guys love heels and that's that. It wouln't make you look grossly tall just sexy.

• Think about it, you'll also stand out. And guys will notice you more looking sexy in those heels with sexy legs. Yeah I'm a leg man :)

• You can't be too tall to wear heels. I'm sure that you will look great in them.

• You are not too tall to wear heels, to practice in heels' start with 3" heels and enjoy them get used to them , the later move up to say 4" heels. You will enjoy them. Wearshoes or boots to suit the event. There isna wide range of heel types ro choose from from stletto through to stack heel. I would suggest start with a stack heel as stiletto can be less stable untill you get used to them. Your height difference will soon disappear as an issue

• I do not think you are too tall to wear heels.

• I don't think so...my girlfriend is 5'7" and I'm 5'10". Obviously it doesn't take much of a heel for her to look taller than me, but that doesn't bother me. Super sexy!

• You're not too tall. You're just average

• If you have to ask this question then you clearly are insecure about your height.

• I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Even strippers who are your height still wear platform shoes that make them look over 6ft tall, and they still get lots of tips. If you like wearing high healed shoes, go for it.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm 6' and love rocking my heels. My parents think I'm insane though, 'cause most of my shoes put me at 6'5" (hopefully that's not "grossly tall"). I've looked a guy who was about 6'6" square in the eyes and he looked a bit freaked, haha. I actually don't own a pair of flats, now that I think about it.

• Rocking heels is about knowing how to walk in them, without falling flat on your face, and being confident. I'm 5'9" and I love wearing heels.

• Lol, no, not at all! I'm 5'8" and I wear heels all the time, mostly 4" or 5", either of which put me at 6 feet or better. I love the look and feel of my heels and I enjoy wearing them, and any guy that has issues with me being taller than he is has insecurity issues himself.

• you aren't even tall enough to worry about being tall.

I have a girl friend who is 6ft and wears 6 inch heals. She is one tall chick.

• If you want to wear heels then wear them, they'll look good. Whether worn by short or tall girls, they're still nice

• I'm 5'10" and I wear heels lol.

If you wanna wear heels - wear them. If you feel insecure/uncomfortable, then don't. Nothing worse than a tall girl crouching down to appear shorter when she's wearing heels.

• I am 5¨7 and I don't care, I wear them because they make me feel good. I wouldn't stop wearing heels because somebody made a huge deal about how tall I am.

• Im the same height as you but I think that you would look good. There are far taller women ho wear heels all the time, tho I agree a lot of people make a big deal out of me being tall but I just ignore them

• Nah but if you get any taller it won't look good.

• Eh. I'm 5'9 and I wear heels and look good. I also know girls who are 6" and rock heels O_o

• They would look amazing. Being tall doesn't matter. Again what height are the models.

• nooo, you´ll look like a model! wear them

• I say wear what you want and ignore anyone who says you're too tall to wear them. I don't find heels comfortable, but my sister (who's your height) wears them and guys love it. They call her a beautiful Amazon lmao.