What are your thoughts on a one piece swim-suit instead of a bikini?

I'm 5"7 and I weigh 137 pounds. I have a tummy that sticks out a little and I have thicker thighs. I always wore these tiny string bikinis, but I felt uncomfortable and awkward in them. I want to try out a cute red polka-dotted one-piece, but I'm scared to because ALL my friends wear bikinis. I also scared people will think I'm "young" for wearing it. What are your thoughts and comments?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think one piece bathing suit could look really nice, it all depends on the cut and the fabric, you could pick a strapless one, keep away from the childish patterns

What Guys Said 2

• Let's be honest: binkins wear meant to be worn by Polyneisian girlswith hair below their breasts, who spend all day swimming in the lagoon spearing fish.

If you aren't slim, lolng-haired, and have a fairly dark complexion, you won't look good in one.

And you need all three of those things to really look good.

Take Brigitte Bardot. She looked great nude, but a bikini made her look plump and pasty.

Anyone with even a little tummy should wear a one-piece, imao

• I think it's much better and sees things overall

What Girls Said 8

• Wear whatever you feel confident in and fits your body type.Also if you don't like the plain and ordinary one piece swimsuit.You could go for something like those choices.

link

link

link

• I honestly can't stand to wear a one piece bathing suit, I like bikinis and even tho I don't wanna be caught wearing one yet I like this style bathing suit with these shorts: link

link

• i personally prefer bikinis... however, I have seen lots of girls wear one peice suites and look great!

• I love one piece swimsuits like the ones that have like fringes and stuff. So I think you just need to find one that looks good.

• My sister is similar to your in body type. Thicker legs (so do I but I am much fitter) She looks better in a high cut bikini over a low cut one piece. Wear it first when you are all by yourself in public with no friends and go from there.

• I know what you mean. I went through that a little when I was your age. I wore 2 pieces or a tankini because it covered a little more but I tried to still get a bottom that was real cute and sexy too.

• Wear something that you have confident

• bikinis are nicer