Are "cheeky" shorts the new style?

So I was at Mad Mex a few weeks ago eating at the bar minding my own business when the bartender asked me if the girl's butt who was sitting a few seats down was hanging out of her shorts. He said it loud enough so she could hear him - she was an employee at Mad Mex but she was off-duty at the time. So I turn my head and she voluntarily stands up and turns around so I could give my opinion. The shorts were so short that the bottoms of her butt cheeks were hanging out. She said that's how they are supposed to be and they are called "cheeky" shorts. Has anyone else heard of these or worn these shorts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't wear those shorts but I have heard of them. I think they are kind of trashy but if the girl has a good body she can wear them

What Girls Said 4

• No, that's trashy. There's a difference between "short shorts" and what you described. I wear short shorts all the time but I would never wear anything that showed the bottom of my butt cheeks. It's a fine line that should not be crossed. All of my short shorts end under my butt, none of them show anything. Women who wear shorts that actually show their ass might as well just be wearing underwear and no shorts at all. It's usually just for attention.

• I've seen them but I would never wear them. Class not @$$. All my shorts end below my butt. The only time I show my butt cheeks are in bikinis and lingerie.

• i´ve heard of them but I wouldn't wear them to any other place besides the beach

• ew no, trashyyy

What Guys Said 3

• They look stupid. The ratio is just weird. These are what shorts should be: link

• I can't respect a girl that has that. She's just asking for the wrong kind of attention.

• Yes, they are the new style, sadly, but I don't wear them at all.