I want to change my haircolor

So I dyed my hair two years ago because I wanted a change but I didn't want to get a tat or piercing so ya I feel like I need a change again so I want to dye my hair black or like a really dark red with darker and lighter highlights or maybe black with dark red highlight. But I don't know what to get I'm pale not ghost pale but I don't have a tan and I don't want one I like to wear darker colors no not like goth but this is how I usually dress I got my black combat boots dark blue or black jeans dark shirts a my red leather jacket I don't know why I just don't like all this neon and lace crap everyone is wearing It freaks me out ( not all my things are dark like my bedroom is all white with like a red lamp and a black desk) I just like things simple so ya my hair has to match my personality and my natural hair color and right now is a dark brow but when I'm in the sun it looks like a dark red and when it wet it looks black so ya what should I get . Decisions, decisions lol :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever color your dye your hair, you have to think about more than just "what will look good", speaking as someone who has been dying her hair since she was 14 and is now 21, and has been almost every color of the rainbow, I can say it's very variable.

Personally, I don't really know what colors to suggest, personally I wouldn't go black with red highlights, but that's just me - if you like it, go get you some. So my answer won't be helpful in that respect, more of a think-before-you-do aspect. I do however think it would suit you based on how you dress.

Now, on to the hair dye. If you're intending on going to a salon to get this done, then everything I'll say after this is redundant, because its not your problem. However if you intend on doing it at home, out of a box/tub/whatever, It won't be as simple as I want this, bang, I have it.

Black is EXTREMELY difficult to get out of your hair if you use permanent hair dye, and would need at least 3 bleachings to get it out completely. So it's not a smart decision if you will want your hair a new color when you feel like you need a change soon. So if you are adamant about the black, I suggest semi-permanent, you'll have to dye it more often and will have to do your roots separately, obviously.

The red is subjective, because I like bright hair I like really bright hair, so dark would be very different to you I assume. Close to this, red is notorious for being hard to keep up. It fades very quickly, and has a tendency to bleed (get onto your clothes, pillows, etc) so if you want it dark, as in you can only tell its red in bright sunlight, then this won't be so much of an issue, but if you want it any brighter than that, you may have to lighten your hair before you do this, and should consider putting a small amount of the red dye in your conditioner when you wash the red parts of your hair.

Hope this helped, and wasn't completely useless.

What Guys Said 2

• While I'm honored you've sought my opinion, I don't believe I could bear up under the stress such a responsibility would surely bring to bear.

• If you want to change it, get a salon so that it would be perfect.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that black hair with red hairlights will go good with the kind og goth look you say you have,

• Why not bleach & dye it green blue yellow purple or other crazy colors………fit the mold