In all seriousness do you think Black women have nice looking hair?

Certain people think black women have bad looking hair as opposed to whites Hispanics or asians.

What do you think? and post some pics if you can

Most Helpful Girl

• I think natural hair is gorgeous and hair that isn't natural can also be beautiful, but there is something really attractive to great natural hair.

link

link

link

link

Yaya from America's Next Top Model

Sophie Okonedo

Corinne Bailey Rae

Solange Knowles

all have beautiful beautiful hair and exude this sexiness and fierceness :) I especially love Sophie and Corinne's relaxed demeanor and Solange's effortless beauty

What Girls Said 12

• It's normal that people from different ethnicities find another's typical trait unattractive.

We're programmed to go for the ones who are the most like us, that's what we know, what we grow up with, usually.

Inter-racial couples are an exception, there aren't many out there.

Traits like the single Asian eyelid is seen as foreign and strange to Caucasians or Africans.

A ghetto booty is very appreciated by African-American males, while other cultures and ethnicities will find them very unattractive.

As a species we're xenophobic by nature, you can only fight it to some extent.

Some of it is genetics, some of it is exposure and upbringing.

You can't help what you like and don't like, but it doesn't hurt to give people who are outside your usual "attraction-zone" a chance if you like them personality-wise, often looks will follow.

There is no "universally unattractive ethnicity", just different "races" who tend to go for others of their own rather than some who look nothing like them.

I'm Caucasian and don't have any black friends. I had 2 black classmates in school, otherwise no "exposure" in that aspect.

The media I was exposed to on the other hand showed me sleek glossy silky hair in all the hair product commercials from a very young age. There were never any black women in those commercials, because they weren't the marketed target.

I have been trained to think that such hair is what is considered beautiful where I live.

In contrast an African woman's hair is very strange to me - but that's the key, not strange, period, but strange TO ME.

Beauty in the eye of the beholder is right, it's a little more controlled than the saying might suggest, though.

• what do you think of what the anon girl above xzinax2's answer?

• I agree that wearing weaves and wigs is a sign that they aren't satisfied with what their genetic pool's given them, and are trying to make their hair look more like that of a Caucasian, Asian or Hispanic woman.

It's very likely they've been exposed to the same beauty ideology as I have, therefore believe that beautiful hair is long and silky, exclusively. Especially black women living anywhere outside of Africa.

• Yes, I do,

• i agree completely with Nightlifes answer to that question,

• yes! I even prefer it natural and nappy,it's adorable and I find it sexy in a weird way ( link was my first crush)

• Yes, I think black women have beautiful hair. Especially their curl pattern, it's pretty amazing. Obviously if you don't take care of your hair, regardless of race, your hair won't look "nice looking".

• There Is like a group of very stylish black women, in my school and I love all their clothes? But most of all their hair always looks really smooth and pretty

• yes

• What do you think

• Ppl are truly obsessed with us! Lol

• Depends on how they take care of their hair. Some have beautiful natural hair and others don't.

• She's wrong. Wearing weaves and wigs doesn't mean that they hate their hair. Sometimes it's easier than take care of their own hair. There's women from other ethnicities who wear weaves and extensions.. It's not just black women.

• I think they do.

• so you wouldn't think they generally have the worst hair among the other races do you?

• She's highly wrong. Most black women(in America) actually have natural hair due to white cowardly men raping black women in the past but the media tells them to put extensions in their hair to look more like white chicks.

• almost all of them wear weaves or extensions or wigs so I don't even think they like their own hair

its just genetics not their fault

• If we take care of it then it's really pretty. Unlike other ethnicities, black women usually can't just wash and go. For our hair to look good we have to put in more time and effort.

Examples:

link

link

What Guys Said 2

• It 'looks cool" but I'm not attracted to it.

• Some have great hair, some don't

• Depends on what ones tastes are. I've seen black women with hair that I thought was much better than any other ethnicity.