Can I still grow taller?

I'm 17 (turning 18 in October), 5'1 and I have been this height since I was about 14. The thing is, I don't want to grow taller at all, infact I'd actually want to shrink a couple of inches, but since I can't really do that I just want to stay my height. But my family and friends keep saying that I'll grow taller, and they say I have grown recently (even though I haven't). My mum and sister who are both about 5'4 and a half think I'm too short and pray that I will grow which upsets me so I pray that I won't grow anymore. I think they do this partly because they know I don't like it. I'm a little scared of growing above 5'2/5'3 and I feel like anything above that would be tall for me. Being tall suits other people but I just don't think it would suit me. Can I still grow taller even though I've been the same height since I was 14 and I'm nearly 18?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol why do you want to shrink a couple of inches? How many inches?

• lol about 2 inches! I just think shortness is cute, so I want to be shorter :)

• lool that's really strange that we're upset for the oppsoite reasons but in an similar sort of way (though your reaction seems more normal than mine!) I guess I'll have to accept it, I mean I'm still below average height so that's a positive! Love your height, it's nice and cute :) xx

• lol well I went through a period of despising my height but I'm kind of getting past it.

I love your height :)

What Guys Said 3

• You can grow taller with

http://growth-flexv.com/

Thanks!

• if you sleep standing up you won't grow any taller, at night is when your grow because your body is relaxed.

• Most girls stop growing at around 14. You haven't grown since then. So I think it's almost totally certain that you won't grow anymore.

What Girls Said 5

• Nope, doesn't sound like it. I was in the same exact situation, I was told I was done growing by my doctor when I was 15. My brother and parents are all taller, but I'm only 5'1". The good news is it'll be easy to find a guy taller than you and a lot of them will think you're cuter for being small.

• I don't think so, I reached 5´7´´ when I was like 17 -18 and I haven't gotten taller since then

• not really no, maybe an inch more but not something radical

• You're the first short person I've ever come across that wants to be shorter. I find it fascinating -- in a good way. :) My best friend is 5'1" as well and she taunts me about the possibility of growing taller. But neither of us has grown since we were about 14/15 so I think you probably won't grow taller.

• thanks for answering :) hahaha people have also said I'm the first short person they know who wants to be shorter too and they think I'm weird! :)

• i'm 5'2 and I think I stopped growing at 16 and I want to shrink too. short is cute.